Is it worth buying the game?

OK, I know this is a fairly bias place to be asking this question, but is this game truly worth buying? I've never been a true Football Manager fan and have never really got very far on the 2006 and 2007 versions, but I'm enjoying the 2009 demo that I downloaded and I think it's a good game.

I'm finding it pretty hard atm though. I thought I'd start of nice and simple at Man United but I've only got 6 points from 4 games and I'm really not scoring many goals (2 in 4 games is pretty pathetic). I'm not really interested in advanced tactics, just the buying/selling and interaction side of the game, with a bit of tactics. Is there some kind of difficulty setting?

I think I will order it from Amazon very shortly (it's only £17) but just needed some confirmation that it's the right way to go. I still enjoy playing the FIFA Manager series (don't laugh) because it's easier and less in-depth, but this game does really seem to have some great features. Is it worth buying, or will I just be left frustrated?

Thanks for any help, and I apologise if I've been confusing or I've broken some kind of forum rules :)

If you're enjoying the demo, then getting the game has to be worth it. It is a hard game and, at the moment, there are some very irritating issues with it. However, the final patch is due soon and there's every chance that will make the game even better. Of course, it all comes down to opinion. Some people will tell you it's an abomination of a game and you should steer clear. But the fact is that you've already stated that are enjoying the demo so, based on that, I'd recommend buying the game and then making sure you get fully patched. After that, sit back and prepare yourself for plenty of frustration, hopefully interspersed with some happy times. :)

Buy the game and start right away, dont worry about any potential bugs, register through Steam and as has been already said, the 3rd patch is due for release some time soon and via Steam will integrate itself into your existing save (unless you are all that bothered about starting the game with everyone in the right place)...but i'd presume you might want to carry on the save you already have from the demo, which is also possible.

Archived