Mac Activation & Patch Question

• Administrators

I have done a search but at first glance I don't find much.

As I now understand, there is a MAC Digital Download out now. However, I have already bought the FM in the case and don't see the real need to download one digitally as well.

With the DRM/Activation is it not possible therefore to activate a MAC Installed FM game so it can be used without the disk? - I know originally it wasn't and copy-protection meant that the disk was required for use with the game. I just wondered whether this had changed with the release of a digital download.

I ask this because it would be handy, not imperative or if it were, I'd stump up for the Digital Download if necessary. I don't mind keeping the disk in the drive - I hardly think I will use it for much else.

---

Secondly, a question about the patch - not when it's out! - I can wait. :)

Is it pencilled in for release at the same time as its Windows counterpart? I understood there were some problems with the last patch but I can't remember exactly what. Forgive me if I'm wrong here....

Thank you.

• Administrators

Yeah I suspected as much - but worth asking I felt about MAC activation because of the digital download now.

Thanks.

Archived