Closing down UI

flux

I'm currently being dominated in possession by lower league opposition at home so i've set 'closing down' to 'all over' in team instructions without gaining any noticeable benefit. After altering Opposition Instructions to 'closing down - always' i start to win back possession.

My question is therefore, what does the closing down slider in team instructions actually do? Who am i instructing my players to close down? To effectively close down a team it seems that I need to set overall closing down and then individually alter each opposition player instruction. This is ludicrous!

My suggestion is that after setting the universal 'closing down' instructions the OI instructions are updated to acknowledge this.

Also, a little unrelated, 'showing on to weaker foot'. If a player is one on one, showing them on to the weaker foot could take them goalside. This is the last thing i want to happen. Does the game recognise that showing onto a weaker foot is not always the best option even if that is what i have instructed as a general guide?

Maybe you should try posting this in here.

Also, a little unrelated, 'showing on to weaker foot'. If a player is one on one, showing them on to the weaker foot could take them goalside. This is the last thing i want to happen. Does the game recognise that showing onto a weaker foot is not always the best option even if that is what i have instructed as a general guide?

As for this, it seems you need to take this into account when assigning the ‘weaker foot’ option to opposition players. Maybe you should set them to right or left foot, depending on their position.

If your individual players' are set to closing down "rare" or "Normal" this will override the team instructions. Opposition instructions will override the team/individual instructions. I think.

Yes I also think this is true :thup:

What about opposition player instructions? If you select an opposition player to tackle hard, but your team instructions are normal or easy tackling, which one overrides the other??? :confused:

Maybe you should try posting this in here.

As for this, it seems you need to take this into account when assigning the ‘weaker foot’ option to opposition players. Maybe you should set them to right or left foot, depending on their position.

I thought about the tactics forum, but i see the issue as related to the interface rather than tactics. I don't see why if i set my team instructions to close down all over the pitch i also have to click the opposition players and set close down - always. Doesn't the team instruction indicate this anyway?

If i set close down all over pitch, surely individual instructions should automatically change

to close down - always? And why isn't the team instruction (in my experience) sufficient anyway?

My issue here that when defending one on ones from a counter attack, my players often let the attacker goalside. I thought this may be a bug, but i thought again about weaker foot instructions. My point is that the defender should realise that showing someone onto their weaker foot (or left or right as you say) can sometimes be self-destructive even if the general sentiment is worthwhile. Maybe this is an issue of creative freedom or decision making.

Someone might have to verify but I take closing down as 3 steps with individual instruction, team instruction, and opposition instructions. Individual player sliders tell a player what part of the pitch they can begin closing down. While the team instruction tells players what kind of pressure system you want them to play high being forcing the issue all the way up the pitch chasing loose balls in the corner low being i take it as your own area. The opposition instructions are what players you want or not to close down specifically once they enter your player/team's closing down zone.

Also i take the defensive line into consideration as well. If you play a high pressure style but a deep line you'll be left with players on islands so you better have players who can mark and tackle well. And the opposite if you play low pressure system with pushed up line marking is not quite as important as lets say first touch when you get the ball.

If you find you're getting cut open too often i would just sit back on the half way line and wait til the opposition crosses there to start putting on pressure. It keeps you compact and stamina is not really an issue. (oh and counter attack with a pacy striker is always a great option for this)

Archived