Before a game if a player has a PR that states "isn't feeling totally confident for the upcoming match" is it a bad idea to play him? Or if you use the right team talk can you get a performance out of him?

I say this because in my Sunderland season, Kenwyne Jones one of my key players had this PR before a game against Liverpool and we subsequently lost the game 2-0 and I never threatend to score.

Any suggestions?

Before a game if a player has a PR that states "isn't feeling totally confident for the upcoming match" is it a bad idea to play him? Or if you use the right team talk can you get a performance out of him?

I say this because in my Sunderland season, Kenwyne Jones one of my key players had this PR before a game against Liverpool and we subsequently lost the game 2-0 and I never threatend to score.

Any suggestions?

Yeah if a player says that and you have adequate cover i would play another player. It can have a devastating effect on a match if your players arent up for it.

A lot of the time if you make media comments that suggest you personally arent that confident before the game it can reflect on the players views.

Before hard matches i normally say the one that says "I believe we can beat ********** as long as my players play to their best"

IMO This motivates them.

Mark

I'm the same as Mark but sometimes I find some players wont respond to anything and will be down no matter what.

If I'm a big club then I don't play the downtrodden but when I'm Newport or Hamilton I don't have much choice.

Archived