Graphics card Q

sorry, please move to the right place if needed.....

I want this game, but dont want to buy a new laptop...

I have 512mb (which is the minimun) so just bought two 1gb Ram cards .......I have 1.6 ghz...

what about these graphics cards mentioned...Ive looked and they are £79...?? anyone got a link to a cheaper one that will work the 3d>>>

it says my Dell inspiron memory card is ok and will play 3D..it didnt in the demo...???

If the 3D didn't run (fine) in the demo, then it will not run (fine) in the full game.

Try to update your drivers for your graphics card and then try the demo again, did you run the demo in windowed mode?

If the 3D didn't run (fine) in the demo, then it will not run (fine) in the full game.

Try to update your drivers for your graphics card and then try the demo again, did you run the demo in windowed mode?

Thanks for the replies -

A/ I just play FM on my PC nothing else - what does update your drivers mean? how do I do this??

b/ what is the demo compatability patch?? is that why it was sooo slow....my Laptop does meet the minimal requirements.

c/ Did I run it in windows mode?? I downloaded the game to my desktop as normal and double clicked it??

Thanks for the replies -

A/ I just play FM on my PC nothing else - what does update your drivers mean? how do I do this??

b/ what is the demo compatability patch?? is that why it was sooo slow....my Laptop does meet the minimal requirements.

c/ Did I run it in windows mode?? I downloaded the game to my desktop as normal and double clicked it??

"Windowed mode" means you play the game like you run most programs while still seeing the windows taskbar(i.e the bar with you start buttons and opened programs).

To run in windowed mode just start FM as normal go to Preferences -> display and in resolution(I think) you'll find windowed mode.

Thanks for the replies -

A) That means updating your graphics card drivers. You need to download and install the updates if there are nay from the manufacturers website.

B) That patch is the "Demo Update" at the top of this screen and it fixes some bugs in the demo and gets the demo working on more computers that it was not working on initially.

C) Windowed mode is running the game like other applications so you have a title bar and and the taskbar visible and the game does not take up the whole screen. For some reason this seems to reudce crashes and problems that occur in the game.

Hope that helps. :)

Archived