Absolute Bargain!..or just a bug?!

I'm Reading in my first season, got a month or so to go until the January transfer window so thought I would look at possible transfers. One of my scouts recommend Giles Barnes from Derby County. IRL Giles is a great prospect and is now at Fulham I believe (?), so can obviously play at Premier League level.

Derby wanted £350k for him, which I thought was a fantastic deal for me, until I see this when we hold contract talks..

BarnesBug.jpg

£90 per week for Giles Barnes, who is still early 20s and can definatly play in the Premier League!?!?

A possible bug that needs sorting perhaps, or just the bargain of the century?

He will reject the contract as people have said. Giles Barnes is nowhere near as good on FM09 as he was on FM08 his PA means in my opinion he will never be good enough for a team challenging for the title or even challenging to get into europe. I wish he was better as he was one of my favourite players on FM08.

Hes still not come back with a decision. Like I said I'm still in my first season so I'm still in the Championship, right now he wont be able to get into my side but even with a £350k price tag it was too good to turn down. Hopefully he will come back saying how much he really wants a week.

EDIT - As expected, it was a rejection..

Archived