Any tips to make FM 09 9.2.0 run faster? It's going at a snails pace... :(

Hey there guys,

I am running only the Premier league on a Small database and it seriously is moving extremely slow, takes about a min to load each day... then after the game when it calculates the other match results it takes a minute to simulate each game, so for UEFA rounds it takes around 5 mins to just calculate the results... Somebody PLEASE help me!!!

I am running on a Pentium 4 3.40gigz, 4 gigs of ram, nvidia gt-7800 and running on Vista.

Please!!! It's virtually UNPLAYABLE! The first month of the season runs reasonable ok and then once the season starts... in the last 2 hours I have only gotten to Mid-August... so that's 2 premier league games and 2 Champions league games...

Hey there guys,

I am running only the Premier league on a Small database and it seriously is moving extremely slow, takes about a min to load each day... then after the game when it calculates the other match results it takes a minute to simulate each game, so for UEFA rounds it takes around 5 mins to just calculate the results... Somebody PLEASE help me!!!

I am running on a Pentium 4 3.40gigz, 4 gigs of ram, nvidia gt-7800 and running on Vista.

Please!!! It's virtually UNPLAYABLE! The first month of the season runs reasonable ok and then once the season starts... in the last 2 hours I have only gotten to Mid-August... so that's 2 premier league games and 2 Champions league games...

How many seasons have you played? Maybe your archive is slowing you?

I'm playing in my first season... well I had to stop playing, only got to the end of the transfer window in August... It's ridiculous. I was thinking of going back to XP but I don't want to format again to go to XP and it might be the same problem...

Where can I find or change options for the archive?

"Umm, maybe some trouble with your PC maybe, cos I have slower processor and less RAM than you, "playing" like 5 leagues and it goes normal...try to free some space in your hard disk (if that is the mater)."

Nah I have lots of room, on the HDD that I installed the game I have about 60 gigs free

Nope, close all applications, only things that are running are the standard Vista services.

I only had this problem about 2 weeks ago, was playing a game with 6 leagues and into season 5, everything was running pretty well and then all of a sudden it started crawling! Been formatting from Vista to XP to see if it would make a difference but now it's virtually unplayable and I don't know how this could be...

Archived