Kinda Angry...

Yeah, Im kinda angry with this version of FM, I can say I feel like that since FM 08, why?, the tactical side maybe. I find VERY hard to make my guys play well, and I have used goods teams like Liverpool, Rangers (with just Celtic as a serious opposition) and others that were "normal" but then performed bad.

I say this cause I've been playing FM since it was called CM, since 99-00... so I have an idea of the game basis. I recognize that tactics in CM 3 (99-00, 00-01, 01-02) were too simple maybe, but nowadays are a pain in the ass! Players with VERY good levels dont cross the 6 points, playing in their natural roles, with good teammates and maybe playing against crappy teams...

Im using the 3D match engine, and I have been hearing that has some bugs, you mean that if I use the 2D I wont suffer those bugs?, or those bugs come from "match simulation" and doesnt matter if Im playing with 2D or 3D? (I think is the first option, but Im asking cos Im not sure)

Im gonna try using 2D now, cos Im suffering with many teams in many leagues and I cant be that bad making tactics...and I have read all those Tactical Bibles, and the Frames, etc...

Any answer?, has this happened to you to?

With regards to tactics I have found that in this version the more simple you keep it, the better. The sliders don't need to be abused, a slight move to the right or left can make a big difference. Having the sliders in total opposite ends in different areas of your tactic seems to complicate things. I play as Man City with a flat 4-4-2 and am top of league after 13 games and am yet to lose. I have some good players in my team obviously (Veloso and de Jong paired at CM) and am playing some good football. When I first bought the game I played as Spurs and I tried some erratic things which didn't go to plan. I tried some formations like 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 which in the end led to me scoring hardly anything or conceding shed loads.

With the bugs, yes there are in 3D engine I have seen. Had one situation where keeper had the ball and was running on the spot, opposing striker came and took the ball and scored. Had a few other niggling things too that's why I watch in 2D then watch highlights in 3D.

Rangers (with just Celtic as a serious opposition)

Sorry for going off topic but what you said there is total rubbish. Hibernian, Hearts, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen are all able to compete with Celtic and Rangers and normally get a good result against them.

Well, then Im gonna try to make my tactic "flatter".

About Rangers thing...maybe not in FM, but in CM after two seasons you could buy Seedorf, Bellamy, and loads of good players not used by the big teams and neither Celtic was a serious competition (or viceversa, you could play with Celtic and was the same...maybe with other team you can do that but after more seasons). I didnt mean to offend the other teams, which I like (NOT Celtic :p)

Archived