My Christmas Tree/give the ball to Riquelme formation

randomxmas _Q.P.R._ May 2012_.tac - 0.00MB

You don't see that many 4-3-2-1 (3 MC, 2 AM) tactics posted here, so I thought I'd just share mine with you. After a few seasons of frustration, confusion and inconsistency, I finally made this formation work effectively in the 2011/2012 season:

20112012table.th.png

The media prediction was 16th and I'd only set expections for a safe mid-table position. So yea i'm quite pleased with 5th. Here's some of the best results I achieved:

resultsp.th.png

Here's my team:

qprteam.th.png

and player/team stats:

ptstats.png

As you can see, my team is built around a 33 year old but still brilliant Riquelme. He's the playmaker and has a lot of creative freedom, so if you don't have someone similar, you might have to tweak the right AM position a bit...

So yea...that's about it. Enjoy and let's just hope that this formation isn't as hard to use in FM10 =P

I use a similar tactic with 3 DMs and forward runs on the DMLC, DMRC, AMRC and the AMLC. However, I am in the Blue Square Premier so you are less likely to get away with a more attacking variant. If you are struggling defensively try moving the MCs to DMs.

Burton4-3-2-1.png

Archived