Player help for some of the best in the game please ?

squash!

When ive been playing with some of the worlds best players on fm 09, ive really struggled to get them to perform to anywere near their standard

As Man City, Robinho, Arshavin and Moutinho all played very poorly, with Robinho being outclassed by Jozy Altidore and Caicedo

As Arsenal, Van Persie, Adebayor and Moutinho all played poorly also

anybody know why they dont seem to play well ?

squash!

What patch are you on dude? If you're on 9.0.3, then its your tactics. On this patch you need to pay a LOT of attention to your tactics. Else you're likely to struggle a lot. I would highly recommend going to the tactics forum and reading up a little on how to set your tactics up etc. It will definitely help you.

Looking at the players you've mentioned, 3 of them are strikers. From what I know:

Robinho - Imo he's best as a winger. Not that great upfront.

RVP - inconsistent. On his day, will win you games on his own. But hard to get him to perform at his top every game.

Adebayor - will get you a lot of goals if he gets good services from those around. Will miss quite a few and in some games you'll want to kill him. But should easily be getting you 20+ a season if not more.

The others:

Arshavin - play on the wing and give him a free role. He's not a world-beater on the game by any means but still a very good performer. Will get you some goals and quite a few assists as well.

Moutinho - excellent player. Not sure why he's not doing well for you. Your settings for him would be the reason I reckon.

But seriously, go to the tactics forum and have a read for a while. :thup:

Hulk is right, I've found the Tactics forum to be very helpful at times.

I presume Altidore and Caicedo are performing better than Robinho is because they are stronger and therefore better able to cope physically against centre backs (presuming you use Robinho as a striker)

i use robinho as my FCd alongside rossi and he plays well

sometimes he has patches where he doesnt score, is going through one now (currently in my 2nd season 27th feb) but even so am happy with his stats so far:

first season, 49(5) apps, 33 goals, 12 assists, 8 mom, 7.24 rating

2nd season, 38(1) apps, 22 goals, 10 assists, 7 mom, 7.23 rating

am happy since rossi is my main goalscorer

you just gotta get the settings for each player right to play to their strenghts or weaknesses within the team as a whole, robinho is not a strong player so keep him away from the central defenders and use him to drop a little bit and either play through the defense via one-twos or dribbling, or use him as a playmaker to bring attacking wingers/midfielders into the games

i had trouble with moutinho as well, veloso seems to be better all round to fit in with premierleague football, and as city why you buying arsharvin?? there are much better players out there who play similar positions (marquinos, jovetic, guardado, balotelli, vela, zhirkov)

Archived