just a question ?

Free role is the key here and playing little more narrow will help (maybe 10). I will not give them high mentality or else they will be to far up on the pitch. Normal mentality maybe is the best in this situation so they drop lower on the pitch and run with the ball. That means FWR-mix, RWB-often, Cross Ball-rarely. Long Shot on mix or often, this way you are telling them to cut inside and go for a shot. This is how I would solve the problem. But its up to you.

If you give someone a free role it kind of makes mentality redundant as you've already instructed the player to roam around the pitch. So it doesn't matter which mentality you use in all honesty.

The easiest way to get someone to cut inside is play a right footed player on the left and a left footer on the right side. That way they cut inside a lot more than normal a bit like Joe Cole in real life for England and Chelsea.

If you give someone a free role it kind of makes mentality redundant as you've already instructed the player to roam around the pitch. So it doesn't matter which mentality you use in all honesty.

True, but if he chose not to use free role my advice still stands. Because with FWR on often and high mentality they will just play on the shoulder and be unable to recive the ball and run with it. In this case, without free role, I would also consider more CF. But it looks like he has finde solution to the problem.

Archived