The Exeter City Challenge 2008

Ok this is my first ever go at a challenge so go easy on me.

exetercity.gif

0,,10436~3428948,00.jpg

dsc00812[ekm]59x80[ekm].jpg

Exeter City Football Club are an English football club, based in Exeter, who were members of the Football League from 1920 to 2003, and rejoined the league for the 2008–09 season, after 5 seasons in the Conference National.

City were founded in 1904 and began playing on an old field used for fattening pigs, St James Park (not to be confused with the home of Newcastle United or Brackley Town) Exeter remain at St James Park to this day. The club is nicknamed "The Grecians". City's home kit consists of red and white shirts, black shorts, and black socks.

The Challenge

To make Exeter City Football Club a force in the football league. Its time to make your mark on this great little football club.

Before anything, go to the data editor and set balance of £2 million pounds, and transfer budget as £800,000. This will just give you the basis to bring is fresh players to the club. Do not change wage budget.

Objectives

First Season

- Take over as manager of Exeter City Football Club.

- Immediately sack assistant manager and all coaches at the club.

- Hire new coaches and assistant manager, its time to bring is fresh changes and that means hiring and firing staff.

- Set training standards to the way you want, making sure they are fit and fresh for the new season.

- Bring in at least 5 new players to the football club, inlcuding a player over £30k, one free transfer and one loan. This is so you use all aspects of the transfer system.

- Gain promotion from the Coca Cola League 2, whether its through promotion or playoffs.

Screenshots must be shown that all coaches have been sacked and new coaches installed, the transfer rules, clubs promotion and progress throughout the season gladly appreciated.

Second Season

- No transfer rules, it's now up to you what wheeling and dealing must be done to meet objectives.

- To find a parent club would be really helpful for the club now.

- Take Exeter City back to Wembley via the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final. Winning it an extra bonus.

- Gain promotion to the Coca Cola Championship via playoffs or automatic promotion.

Gaining back to back promotion is a huge challenge.

Screenshots must be shown to prove club made it to Johnstone's Paint Trophy final and that the club gained promotion. Also season screenshots appreciated, maybe discuss what parent clubs your bosses managed to find.

Third Season

Now things get difficult, the challenge of the Coca Cola Championship lie ahead of you. It's time to really build the squad.

- 5 new additions must be made to the squad. One player must have come from the Premiership.

- 2 more additions to the backroom staff needed.

Concentrate on the league. Cup runs can be helpful for funds but to finish in the top half is the objective for this season.

You have 2 seasons to gain promotion to the almighty Premiership. Screenshots must be provided to prove the 5 transfers, the additions of the staff and the top half finish.

Thats it, you did it, the unthinkable, in 4 seasons or under you took Exeter City to the biggest league in the world, but thats not it. If you really think you have what it takes then by the year of 2018 you will have:

- Won the Premiership.

- Won the Carling Cup and F.A Cup.

- Made the Champions League.

- Have a talented squad, with at least 5 internationals.

- A full coaching staff list, with at least 2 'world class' coaches.

RULES

- No saving a restarting games, lets make this fair.

- Balance must be NO more than £2 million.

It would be amazing to see people complete this challenge fully, or to just take up the challenge would please me as i have put alot of effort setting this up. I love managers that take over football clubs and do things exactly their way, bringing in new backroom staff, new players. Just basically building the club up from the bottom and thats what i want you to do. Any questions or feedback please let me know. Thank you for taking the time to read this and i wish you luck on your challenge :).

How to Post a Screenshot

* While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

* Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

* Save the file as a JPEG

* Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

* Post the direct Url to the image here.

Just incase people didnt know. Screenshots to me are the most important part of this challenge so please keep me and other players up to date with how things are going.

Archived