Should left foot player take left corner & right foot take right corner or vice versa

really depends how you want to play your corners. If you want predominantly out-swinging corners then the answer is yes; left on left, right on right. But if you want in-swinging corners (which in my experience are more effective) then the best way is to do the opposite; right footed player take left corner; left footed takes right. I tend to find the same thing works for both free kicks and for goalscoring wingers (ie where a right footed player plays left wing and his instructions force him to cut inside and shoot on his good foot). This is my experience anyway.

All depends on where you want to place / aim your corner kick, I reckon.

e.g. If you want it to place it at the back post for someone running in, then an in-swinging corner at speed would be best. So Downing taking the right-sided corner for example.

I play Boro and Downing and Gary O'neil has same attributes in corner taking

Should Downing take left corner and O'neil right corner or the other way

I score alot of corners from downing taking the left sided corners, always finding players heads. Dont score so many from the right, but I havent tried the inswingers yet, so I might find downing better taking both corners.

Archived