Players with phantom youth clubs?

I keep noticing players that show clubs and date ranges in their transfers page that precede and do not appear in their career stats. Is this because they were poached by another youth system before appearing in the youth intake somehow? I've heard this can happen, and I think I once got an inbox message that one of my youth players was recruited, but I never get any more info or insight into the phenomenon or how it works.

Below are two examples:

image.thumb.png.9fc2c11f7d6dc631c1740c4e96167f54.pngimage.thumb.png.6a762c6fa5c33864f5b8c5f38082ca10.pngimage.thumb.png.1fc49ffbf4e7f08b89253bbf8740cf61.pngimage.thumb.png.38455372b926997b760e6e3032fa2b05.png

8 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I believe so, yes, it's usually when your team poached them from another academy before they hit the age of showing in the youth system.

So there's no way to do this or view it happening is there? Just the inbox messages when you lose someone from time to time? This is a random anecdotal sample, of course, but it seems like it happens fairly frequently based on me digging around my own players' histories.