Help with editor on FIFA Club World Cup

zuikaku1

Hello there, I am new here. This is my first post.  

I need help with the FM2020 editor.

I want to change the FIFA Club World Cup format back to the original one, the one that is played every year and not the one which plays every 4 years, and also bring back the FIFA Confederations Cup.  

However, when I keep trying to edit, I keep getting this message " New stage 0 for FIFA Club World Cup can't find enough teams to be created. 0 teams found, 7 needed". 

Please let me know what I have been doing wrongly. 

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Post your file please

Hello, thank you so much for responding to me. Yeah, so as I was saying, what I want to do is

1) restore the FIFA Confederations Cup 

2) Cancel the new format of the expanded FIFA Club World Cup which was set to take place in July 2021

3) Restore and continue the previous format of the FIFA Club World Cup

4) All these while maintaining the other competitions such as UEFA Nations League, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Champions League etc. 

Thank you so much for your response. Look forward to know what gone wrong and hope for a solution. 

Club World Cup changes.fmf

Bumping is not appreciated as a way of getting attention to your problem.

We all do have something next to editing, work, study and so on. So on occasion it can take a bit longer to get an answer.

Also, your teams section does not refer to any teams that qualify for your competition. So it can't find any teams. You will at least have to add teams that qualify.
The files if you directly use them without editing them will work, but when rebuilding the competition you will have specify information, because the editor 'cleans' the competition.

Dear sir, 

I really do appreciate your time which you spent to explain it to me. I tried out 2 different methods to circumvent the problem. But came up with issues when doing up the FIFA Club World Cup. 

The first method I used was to add those teams manually to qualify them for the competition. However, this resulted in the sim saying that a certain European team has no squad selected for their quarter final / semi-final match (which is confusing because the UEFA Champions League winner was to directly qualify for the semi final of the FIFA Club World Cup. 

The second method I used was to redo the stages where I split up the rounds into stages... but then ran into problems with the not enough teams found. 

I post both files here for your reference. 

Look sir, I really appreciate your time. So apologies for that. 

Anyways, thank you very much for helping me look into the initial problem. Hope you can help again. 

On 21/11/2020 at 17:03, Wolf_pd said:

Bumping is not appreciated as a way of getting attention to your problem.

We all do have something next to editing, work, study and so on. So on occasion it can take a bit longer to get an answer.

Also, your teams section does not refer to any teams that qualify for your competition. So it can't find any teams. You will at least have to add teams that qualify.
The files if you directly use them without editing them will work, but when rebuilding the competition you will have specify information, because the editor 'cleans' the competition.

Club World Cup before stage changes.fmf Club World Cup changes.fmf

Edited by zuikaku1

Check your priorities. The game will set priority for one competition over the other. The possibility exists that it takes Premier Division presidence over this competition.

Also, just make sure you have some sort of team selection rules, although these should have kicked in earlier rounds then as well.

Hmmm... checked the priorities and everything. Tried dabbling with the team selection rules too. But whatever I do, just can't seem to work. Sadly it looks like I have to accept fate and go via the new Club World Cup format. How annoying when everybody's fitness levels are absolutely crap when that competition is held during pre-season also. 

Wished I can donate to someone to do this. 

Edited by zuikaku1

• 3 months later...
On 25/11/2020 at 17:48, zuikaku1 said:

Dear sir, 

I really do appreciate your time which you spent to explain it to me. I tried out 2 different methods to circumvent the problem. But came up with issues when doing up the FIFA Club World Cup. 

The first method I used was to add those teams manually to qualify them for the competition. However, this resulted in the sim saying that a certain European team has no squad selected for their quarter final / semi-final match (which is confusing because the UEFA Champions League winner was to directly qualify for the semi final of the FIFA Club World Cup. 

The second method I used was to redo the stages where I split up the rounds into stages... but then ran into problems with the not enough teams found. 

I post both files here for your reference. 

Look sir, I really appreciate your time. So apologies for that. 

Anyways, thank you very much for helping me look into the initial problem. Hope you can help again. 

Club World Cup before stage changes.fmf 32.66 kB · 3 downloads Club World Cup changes.fmf 32.92 kB · 2 downloads