Is the prize money for european divisions realistic?

For example when you qualify for the group stage in the europa league you get ~3 million, each win is 500k and if you win the group its another million. Now I play in the welsh league, so how much money will I get at the end of the season if I get last in the group without winning anything?

On 30/08/2020 at 19:55, casperzwaart100 said:

For example when you qualify for the group stage in the europa league you get ~3 million, each win is 500k and if you win the group its another million. Now I play in the welsh league, so how much money will I get at the end of the season if I get last in the group without winning anything?

Okay season is finished, got my new transferbudget. And No, it  definetly is not realstic I got 100k. The prize money should be around 3/4 million for what I achieved, I get that I cant have all off it but 100k is a bit cheap right? 

• SI Staff
On 01/09/2020 at 15:46, casperzwaart100 said:

Okay season is finished, got my new transferbudget. And No, it  definetly is not realstic I got 100k. The prize money should be around 3/4 million for what I achieved, I get that I cant have all off it but 100k is a bit cheap right? 

Your club probably got 3-4m, that doesn't translate to them giving you it as a transfer budget .... I'm afraid smaller league boards are unlikely to splash out huge transfer budgets any more than they do in real-life.

(think back to when Aberdeen did the unthinkable in Europe many years ago - they didn't turn around and spend hugely on star names afterwards)

You may find that you can make a judicious profit however in the transfer market thanks to the increased name recognition your European performances have given players ...