replacing a Nations Flag with a custom made one

michaelghamilton

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's possible, 

There are three files you need:

One for the big flag, one for the very small flag (its the same you see when picking the leagues starting the save), and the federation flag (this is optional if you want)

• Medium Flag: 177 x 118 (pixels) - This one is seen in the nations page, the bigger flag.
  • Small Flag: 17 x 11 (pixels) - This one is seen in the competitions, standings and when selecting a nations league at the start of the save.
  • Nation Logo: 180 x 180 (pixels) - This one appears in the nation's page and sometimes in the next games, normally you will see here as logo the federation's logo, also in a smaller version (don't need to upload that) in every player of that nationality.

Place those files in the graphics folder, if you want make a sub-folder,

Also you need to create a config.xlm file (with notepad) with the following:

<record>
    <!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->
    <boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
    <boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->
    <!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
        in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
        place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
        files from the correct places
    -->

<list id="maps">
        <record from="medium-flag" to="graphics/pictures/nation/nationid/flag"/>
        <record from="small-flag" to="graphics/pictures/nation/nationid/icon"/>
        <record from="Nation-logo" to="graphics/pictures/nation/nationid/logo"/>
    </list>
</record>

Where "medium-flag", "small-flag" and "Nation-logo" will or can be replaced by the names of the files you made, and the "nationid" with the id of said nation.

Once all of this are in place you need to clear the image cache of the game, and then reload the skin, depending on how many files you have in your graphics folder it will take time.

• 3 years later...

Looking for some help - Does anyone know where the config file is for flag on the player screen?

Im having trouble with one for USSR as I've swapped them and Russia around in order to restore Russia properly in the game - I've managed to change all other graphics from id791 to id583

But for some reason I always have a black here on my now Russian players.

Its somehow not linked to the flags on any other screen of the game which I have managed to change.

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 16.49.50.png

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 16.50.14.png

Edited by Sekularac