Football Manager 2020 Performance

Hi folks, first time poster on here, apologies if this question has been asked ten million times before but when I look online for this, I see different answers.

I'm just wondering what the best methods are to improve performance on Football Manager on my laptop. I have an Acer Aspire A315-21 with 4GB RAM and a processor of 1.8GHz. No SSD.

Is there anyway to improve the GHloading without going inside the laptop? I am thinking of buying an SSD for the laptop anyway. But would I be better of upgrading the laptop to one with a better GHz or just buy a PC?

If I was to buy a PC, not a monitor, just something like this (ideally not refurbished) https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-i5-3470-Professional-Computer-Antivirus/dp/B0713SMTTD/ref=asc_df_B0713SMTTD/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310708967400&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10894308981719943639&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007399&hvtargid=pla-588017469501&psc=1 could I plug the laptop with a USB into this?

Apologies for the what is possibly ridiculously stupid questions but any help and support would be appreciated.

Best place to ask is here

Just to add though you will get more for your money with a desktop PC, what is your budget?

Asuming its under £200 You can get good deals at IT Zoo on ex business models like this https://itzoo.co.uk/collections/pc-base-units/products/hp-elitedesk-800-g1-tower-computer-i7-4770-16gb-500gb-windows-11

You could easily run a dozen nations on that no bother at all

You'd struggle to get a laptop at that price and second hand laptops would have dubious battery life

Edited by Brother Ben