Replacement Rules returning to default

griffin99

Hi, 

I'm looking at editing the 2019/20 Premier League season dates into the game to finish in August 2020, then returning to the normal schedule (by 2021/22), but having created duplicates of the main rules in advanced editor I'm having a couple of problems - firstly I'm not clear how the game identifies when to use an exception set of rules (eg what should go into "year", "year interval", "valid years" etc). 

I've used the "comp errors" test file which shows its finding multiple files for 2019 but don't know how to enforce using my rules not the default season. There's no change in team numbers, just length of season and fixture schedule. 

And secondly even though the rules for 19/20 and 20/21 have different season end dates, Date Ranges and Season Update Days set, the game still defaults to the Nation Season Update Day. 

Couple of other questions related:

Is the Season Update Day used for the first season at the beginning or at the end?

There are also settings for Do Rules Apply to Game Start Year Only? which I'm not clear about.

If anyone could clarify the right fields to amend to get this to work, that would be great, thanks! 

Edited by griffin99

Maybe I need to be more succinct...

Which are the Advanced Rules fields which need to be completed to make the game use a different set of division rules to the default?

10 hours ago, griffin99 said:

Which are the Advanced Rules fields which need to be completed to make the game use a different set of division rules to the default?

Usually you just need to create a separate set of rules for the competition that you want to run differently. Upload your file and I'll see what I can do to try and fix it.

On 30/06/2020 at 22:23, Unknown Hacker said:

Usually you just need to create a separate set of rules for the competition that you want to run differently. Upload your file and I'll see what I can do to try and fix it.

I've already done that though it's not quite working, happy to work through it myself, but I just need to know which fields activate the separate rules when there's not (eg) fewer teams and I just want to run one set in 2019/20, and one in 2020/21 to get back to the usual schedule.