Teams not moving between stages of a cup

Red_Hector

Doing my head in.

I'm trying to recreate the 2020 US Open Cup as best I can.

Second round, 54 teams, 27 advance straight knockout.

Third round, 27 second round winners plus 13 new teams. 40 teams, 20 advance, straight knockout.

Fourth Round, 20 teams from third round plus 12 new teams. 32 teams, knockout until completion.

I'm handing this in three stages. One stage for second round, one for the third round and then one more stage for the fourth round onwards. But I absolutely cannot figure out how to pass the 27 winners from stage one to stage two and I've tried everything that in my mind would seem to work. How can I do this? Should I not be using stages and handling this some other way?

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 12.45.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 12.46.17 PM.png

I think it's probably easier if you create 1 cup stage and add all the rounds that you need to that stage. Then there's no need to map teams from 1 stage to another. When you add a round you can select how many teams start the competition in that round.

Good shout thank you. I've started from scratch and now the tournament runs with the right amount of teams entering at the right points. And I've fixed stuff like the MLS teams entering in different groups.

Literally the only thing I need to do now is to be able to start the tournament with specific fixtures. Is this possible? I want to force teams to play certain teams at that second round stage.

1 hour ago, Red_Hector said:

Good shout thank you. I've started from scratch and now the tournament runs with the right amount of teams entering at the right points. And I've fixed stuff like the MLS teams entering in different groups.

Literally the only thing I need to do now is to be able to start the tournament with specific fixtures. Is this possible? I want to force teams to play certain teams at that second round stage.

There is a 'Real Life Teams' option in the advanced rules which allows you to begin a competition with the correct teams in it. However I'm not sure if that would extend to being able to set fixtures. You'd probably have to create a different version of the competition for current and future years too.