Leicester

I always try to develop young english players as I think there are some really good players who just need to be developed and given game time. I did a lot of business in the first window and signed a lot of young players. My thinking was that the first team squad was very strong already and I could essentially have a bench of kids who could come off the bench and get the cup games. As well as this I always like the idea of utilising the 3 teams within the club as best as possible. So I essentially made signings so that I would have 3 players in each position. 1st, Under 23's and Under 18's. All of whom I thought could develop. 

So these first my transfers 1st window.

1628158988_Transfersoutfirstwindow.thumb.png.152716cc9f77c9cd48edc734961a15a3.png

I didn't see Praet getting much of a chance in the team ahead of Maddison or Tielemens so I tried to sell him but no one wanted him full time so I loan him to Utd who paid all of his wages. Again I didn't see Iheanacho, Amartey or Mendy playing much, so being able to get £33million really freed up some funds to build my young squad.

774187023_Transfersinfirstwindow.thumb.png.ba802335f1faa2832dd342ecee160b53.png

As you can see I got a lot of the youngsters very quickly and for compensation, I knew who I wanted to sign so I was able to go and get them, the only one I nearly lost out on was Nohan Kenneh, but when I saw Newcastle wanted him I improved the contract offer and he accepted straight away. Bellingham was an obvious choice as he develops really well and quite quickly with game time.Nathan Wood and Joe Gelhardt weren't interested in signing so I got them on loan and once they were at the club they wanted to join, so it allowed me to sign Harwood-Bellis on loan with a future £20mill fee included. The other signings of Ferguson, Lewis-Potter, Vokins and Loader finished my transfers and gave me good young options throughout the squad.

So with these transfers made, this is what my different teams looked like.

Senior Squad

Gk - Schmeichel
Rb - Perreira
Cb - Evans
Cb - Soyuncu
Lb - Chilwell
Cm - Ndid
Cm - Tielemens
Amr - Gray
Amc - Maddison
Aml - Barnes
St - Vardy

Sub - Justin
Sub - Ferguson
Sub - Vokins
Sub - Choudury
Sub - Loader
Sub - Lewis-Potter
Sub - Gelhardt

Under 23's

Gk - Ward
Rb - Justin
Cb - Ferguson
Cb - Harwood - Bellis
Lb - Vokins
Cm - Choudury
Cm - Bellingham
Amr - Lewis - Potter
Amc - Ramsey
Aml - Loader
St - Gelhardt

Under 18's

Gk - Boyce - Clarke
Rb - Fevrier
Cb - Senior
Cb - Wood
Lb - Samuels
Cm - Kenneh
Cm - Bellingham
Amr - Rowe
Amc - Ramsey
Aml - Dobbin
St - Barry

So this is how the teams looked during the first half of the season. I kept all players within the first team squad and made them available for all the different games. Essentially the under23's played in the league cup and FA cup and some of the under18's made the bench for cup games. 

With January coming up I had a few big decisions to make. Perreira and Ndid were both pushing for moves away and if i'm honest they weren't particularly playing well and I liked the idea of more money and a chance develop some more youngsters. 

1064335096_JanuaryOut1st.thumb.png.8903d2500fbf8c060f41ec4c5d9580d5.png

So I got £60 million for the pair. I wanted more but they were moaning so it made sense. I managed to arrange both transfers at early December so I was able to try and scout some players. I called Benkovic back from his loan and got a bit of money for him too. Perez never played and I had no interest in doing so, I was happy to get £7.5mill for him. 

1404315208_January1st.thumb.png.12e60480cff3b55a0aec19b739d201d7.png

A few big deals going on here but I still had lots of money from the summer and with the sales in January I had a surplus of cash and was able to really complete my squad. Harwood - Bellis had done well and enjoyed being at the club and was part of an exciting looking youth team/under23's so I decided to make it permanent.

With Ndidi already planned to leave I thought I would sign a young replacement. I really liked the look of Doyle, very technical and great all round stats and someone who I could mould into what I wanted. It was quite a lot of money (£12mill upfront and £20mill over instalments), but I loved the idea of Doyle and Bellingham in midfield in a couple of years for both club and country. (In case you can't see the pattern happening, Tielemens and Soyuncu may not be here for long).

So, something happened which I didn't know was possible. I made a bid for Luke Matheson who was on loan at Rochdale from Wolves, thinking it would go through in the summer, next thing I knew he was with me. So as far as i'm aware Wolves called him back from loan to complete the deal now? Once I saw that happen, I made my move for Dewhurst who I had always planned to bring in as my number 2 and was happy to pay the £22mill, half up front other half in instalments.

So from January, this is what my squads looked like.

Senior Squad

Gk - Schmeichel
Rb - Justin
Cb - Evans
Cb - Soyuncu
Lb - Chilwell
Cm - Choudury
Cm - Tielemens
Amr - Gray
Amc - Maddison
Aml - Barnes
St - Vardy

Sub - Doyle
Sub - Ferguson
Sub - Vokins
Sub - Bellingham
Sub - Loader
Sub - Lewis-Potter
Sub - Gelhardt

Under 23's

Gk - Ward
Rb - Matheson
Cb - Ferguson
Cb - Harwood - Bellis
Lb - Vokins
Cm - Doyle
Cm - Bellingham
Amr - Lewis - Potter
Amc - Ramsey
Aml - Loader
St - Gelhardt

Under 18's

Gk - Boyce - Clarke
Rb - Fevrier
Cb - Senior
Cb - Wood
Lb - Samuels
Cm - Kenneh
Cm - Bellingham
Amr - Rowe
Amc - Ramsey
Aml - Dobbin
St - Barry

With the squad looking pretty strong and complete I was able to finish off the season.

305218733_SEASON1TABLE.thumb.png.3a867dee9fc7c5857268423badaaea5b.png

We managed to finish 6th in the league, we didn't do anything of note in either cup, but with Europa League football next season the board and players were all very happy. I did have a lot of interest in Maddison and Chilwell but I managed to get them both on new deals that weren't ridiculous. As the season progressed I found that Evans was getting slower and was get caught out a lot so I began phasing him out and bringing Ferguson in more.

With the second season starting soon, Tielemens and Soyuncu were both wanted by numerous clubs and with my english theme, I made the decision to let both go. I know they were both important players in the first season but I thought that it would allow some of my young centre backs, and Bellingham/Doyle more game time.835001829_season2out.thumb.png.9b75a1f8052c82ef32a8cc827437e378.png

I managed to recoup a lot of money from players who were out on loan, and managed to get £50mill for Tielemens and £25mill for Soyuncu. Again, I could have got more, but they both complained.

530558722_Season2transfers.thumb.png.4aa09cfbf615f2d7665c5c62b16670e1.png

Panzo is a player I have liked for a few years on FM and his move to Monaco irl made it easier to sign him. He came in as the replacement for Soyuncu. I wasn't sure whether to sign Dembele or not, but I thought he is another option and if Gray does not improve the way I hope he does, I will need another option at Amr.

So with the second season starting and with Europa League football now at the club. I essentially started to put together a mix of different teams/squad. A Premier League Team, Europa League Team, FA Cup Team and League Cup Team. All the while making players available for the age group games, under23's/18's.

Premier League

Gk - Schmeichel
Rb - Justin
Cb - Ferguson
Cb - Panzo
Lb - Chilwell
Cm - Choudury/Doyle
Cm - Bellingham/Doyle
Amr - Gray
Amc - Maddison
Aml - Barnes
St - Vardy/Gelhardt

Europa League

Gk - Dewhurst
Rb - Matheson
Cb - Harwood - Bellis
Cb - Senior
Lb - Vokins
Cm - Choudury/Doyle
Cm - Bellingham/Doyle
Amr - Lewis - Potter
Amc - Maddison/Ramsey
Aml - Loader
St - Gelhardt

League Cup

Gk - Dewhurst
Rb - Matheson
Cb - Harwood - Bellis/Wood
Cb - Senior/Wood
Lb - Vokins
Cm - Doyle/Kenneh
Cm - Bellingham/Doyle
Amr - Lewis - Potter/Dembele
Amc - Ramsey
Aml - Loader
St - Gelhardt/Barry

FA Cup

Gk - Boyce - Clarke
Rb - Fevrier
Cb - Wood
Cb - Senior
Lb - Samuels
Cm - Kenneh
Cm - Bellingham/Doyle
Amr - Dembele/Rowe
Amc - Ramsey
Aml - Dobbin
St - Barry

At this current stage I have a squad which I think has enough quality to do well now and potential to grow in the future. The squad looks like this.

Gk - Schmeichel
Gk - Dewhurst
Gk - Boyce-Clarke

Rb - Justin
Rb - Matheson
Rb - Fevrier

Cb - Ferguson
Cb - Panzo 
Cb - Harwood-Bellis
Cb - Senior
Cb - Wood
Cb - Evans (does not play, contract up in the summer)

Lb - Chilwell
Lb - Vokins
Lb - Samuels 

Cm - Choudury
Cm - Bellingham
Cm - Doyle
Cm - Kenneh (can also play CB)

Amc - Maddison 
Amc - Ramsey

Amrl - Gray 
Amrl - Lewis-Potter
Amrl - Dembele
Amrl - Rowe
Amlr - Barnes
Amlr - Loader
Amlr - Dobbin

St - Vardy
St - Gelhardt
St - Barry

The only signings I can potentially see happening are to replace Schmeichel (who is currently complaining about lack of depth), Evans once he leaves and Vardy who is losing pace. I have began scouting Dean Henderson as a potentially replacement for Schmeichel, and I see 5 options plus Kenneh as enough for Evans and i think as I only play 1 up front that Gelhardt and Barry will be enough, while Loader can play there too.

With all this going on, I have upgraded all my facilities and youth recruitment. Ground is currently being upgraded too.