Interaction / contact with loan players approaching end of contract

playedbyjp

Ok a bit of context for something that has really irritated me and I think needs looking into.

I have signed young players with great potential on long term domestic loans. They each have excellent potential and ability has grown with the stature of club during promotion campaigns, such that I renew the loan the following year. 

Parent club appears reluctant to offer new contract To player out on loan (Is this a bug as the player is loaned out, even though they are classed as wonderkids at this stage and appears an oversight they wouldn’t want to renew for prospect players). Player has great affinity to my club, relationship with manager and fans love him; they are a leader in dressing room due to time spent at club. 

i can’t offer a pre-contract deal as he is a same-nation loan. 

However a foreign club, with questionable prospects, swoops in and offers shocking deal to player immediately upon 6 months to go... Player accepts. Then plays crap for remainder of season as he is “looking forward to new challenge”

there is no way to interact with the loan player and say, I’d love to sign you, but can you wait for 6 months where it will be possible for me to do so.  

however, On the other hand, if i approach most foreign-based players approaching end of contract, they would say “keeping options open Until closer to end of contract” and won’t negotiate, yet will re-sign with the club without exploring said options with me!

doesnt seem reasonable that you can’t   Have that convo and state intentions to sign or “promise” a contract at end of loan to the player, especially when they regard the club and manager as one of favourites...

thanks! 

• 3 months later...