things that need improvement in fm20

TGEmmaUK

I know there is not long till Beta now but please consider some of these. FYI i have pre-ordered and am eagerly anticipating playing

1. whenever a goal is disallowed or a player is sent of, or a penalty is given to opponents all that should(shouldnt) happen and the highlights and replays blatantly prove that and you speak about it, appeal etc but the decision is always the same and you always get fined.

2. whenever you send a player on a leadership course and the responce is always ''gained little from the course'' you look at the attribute changes and nothing at all. always

3. the amount the board disagree to sending a player on leadership courses that clearlyhave the potential to become leaders. especially when you are seriously lacking any leaders.

4. too many players without pictures. atleast give them random gen/new gen faces

5. not enough variety in the random gen/new gen faces

6. bring back some classic roles, even even they arent currently being used by big teams some lower league teams use them aswell as if you create/play a classic database but have to use the current roles its not quite the same, aswell as some new roles needed such as Overlapping Centre Backs is a must have edition for 2020 because its used by a premier league team Sheffield United who i plan to use in Beta and this role is a must because none of the centre backs currently have anything that allows this. further to that the ability to say create old school stuff in tactics such as setting player movement etc

7. many players especially youngsters having limited pa often many youth players literallyhave no pa at all or will never be able to reach the standard. potential should be more tied into how they perform in matches and training and club facilities staff etc and not a set number/range, weve seen many times players expected not to do well becoming good and the opposite players expected to do good, not doing good and sometimes players expected to do good not doing so well untill later in their careers

8. not sure how this will work in fm20 with the development centre instead of youth/reserve teams can you still manage them. if you can then even if you have a manger for that team the ability to set yourself as the manager for a game or atleast have some influence over the selection, changes etc

9. ability to view training sessions and at that more variety of training sessions additional groups etc thatcould focus on specific stuff like leadership, penalties, free kicks etc

10. the amount of injuries increasing when you have more medical staff seems odd should it not reduce instead, i dont mean completely vanish but you get the point

11. some counter acting strengths/weaknesses ie. The goalkeepers in this team have good Eccentricity. The goalkeepers in this team have poor Eccentricity.

12. the ability for players to develop indifferent positions/roles. many players irl start in one role but change as time goes on yet the game seems to limit this (The player will never develop past...) if you are training a player in a specific role and playing them in that role surely over time that would become their natural role. 2 examples. IRL John Fleck started as a Striker but is now a DM/CM, in game Luke Shaw purchased him for Tottenham in 19/20 age 25 and immediatly started training as a LW (Inside Forward Role)by the time he announced retirement at 32 (7 years later) having played around 50% of matches in that role during the first 2 seasons increasing to only playing that role. he was still only yellow unconvincing no suitable best roles for this position which he reached by Nov 20 and then nothing for the remaining 6 and a half years

13. the ability to have players capable of playing outfield and in goal (you can not say this is not used) perfect example Phil Jagielka IRL CB, DM, CM and a capable backup GK, i get that outfield players can get a goalkeeper rating but they are never anywhere near capable enough of being backup as you cant train them in that role and the opposite for natural goalkeepers, the ability to train them for outfield roles would be great 

14. something to do with personal finaces ie create a club later in life, invest in a club, if club finances are limited the ability to use your own money for anything especially say if laterin a decent career you go to a small team

15. board requests rejecting for stupid reasons

16. being sacked for declaring interest in a job by saying in a press conference if they approached you you would be willing to talk. (Example managing a lower league team(bottom level) and the parent club is considering approaching you. this has happened to me in FM17 through 19

17. Teams either not interested in you because your coaching badge is not high enough despite the fact ability wise you are better than the person they sign or hey approach you hold talks but then sign someone else for that same reason. this basically made me quit one save after 3 seasons managing in Malaysia and the board never willing to send me on coaching courses past a certain level (again this is something you could do from your own money)

18. transfer values in many countries. ok i get thatreputation somewhat affects countries even irl but some small countries have sold players for massive fees beyond what is set in the database. the amount i get fed up of managing in a lower repuation country because even if you have a bigminimum fee release clause the board acceptstupid ridiculously low transfer fees even if you have built the clubs finances very well. example a save in Sweden i developed a team to be competing for the champions league season in season out, even winning it on several ocaasions got a decent positive financial balance built up yet because the nations finances etc are set in database and never change basedon whats happening in game, even if i had a player with a £20+ million release clause the board would sell less for less than £1 million and instantly the players value would rocket up once transfered.

19. when you have decent finances more than sufficient to expand or build a new stadium and the board still reject despite the fact you are selling out every match. for the reason of either finances or not selling out matches often enough. another counter acting thing.

20. further breakdown of some of the finances especially ''other''

21. ability to create/design kits, select/negotiate with sponsors etc every season, the same kits get boring. also ability to set the game to not use official kits without needing ingame editor or something like FMRTE, FMSE etc. and someway of the engine replicating the editor kits you create. ie i created a kit in editor and created the images but ingame the default kits or ones that did not match would show.

22. ability to start as a youth team/reserve manager (without the exception of some B Teams that playin some leagues)

23.  in-game music. FM18 was it that had chase and status on the menu was alright but so limited. then nothing in FM19. you could consider using online radio stations such as the one i volunteer for Trucksim.fm that often have live presenters.

• 9 months later...