Lucas Paqueta

lewisguy

I am just starting my 4th pre-season as Man Utd and I have a large transfer budget to play with and Lucas Paqueta is on the transfer list for £80 million but I can get him for £73 million, is he worth signing as I will be over loaded with central midfielders 

I look at it from a different point of view:

How many players do you play in his position in your tactic and how many players do you have in the squad to play that position? Have you any youth players you are trying to develop into that position? Can you sell anyone who is on higher wages or who you don't like/wont use? To make room for him?

He is a great player but you know your squad!

18 minutes ago, tomzo_2 said:

I look at it from a different point of view:

How many players do you play in his position in your tactic and how many players do you have in the squad to play that position? Have you any youth players you are trying to develop into that position? Can you sell anyone who is on higher wages or who you don't like/wont use? To make room for him?

He is a great player but you know your squad!

I play  4-2-3-1 and I do like to have about 2 players for each position, I do want to try and get rid of Fred as he's 28 now and on big wages and if I sign paqueta he will be on around £200k a week and do like a youthful squad, I also have McTominay, Rice, Pogba & Herrera in my first team and have the likes of Garner and a few regens in my under 23's, it could be Herrera's last season as he's now 32 but world class