Creating a continental competition

I want to create a continental competition called "Great Britain Cup" (among many other additions I intend to make - Royal League in Scandinavia and an alternative World Club competition being among those), and I did a quick attempt this evening based on what I could find. I discovered that when you select "add continental rule", add some nations and convert to advanced, you can access "Advanced Rules". You delete the continental rule, and then you set up a specific rule that applies to your competition only. That seemed like a good option, since I could add this cup without having to redo every European competition, as it first seemed. I selected the option for my ruled to co-exist with the hardcoded ones, since I don't want to accidentally overwrite anything.

So, I create the cup and then added a stage, some teams, and the necessary rounds for the cup. I though; great, this wasn't more complicated than it had to be. Except, I'm sure I've missed something; The fmf-file is loaded when I try to create a new game, but my new league cannot even be found when I searched for it. I tried to change the competition to England and I've set it to appear under England, but it's simply not loaded into the game. I have attached the FMF-file.

I haven't been able to find any clear cut step-by-step guide for creating a new continental competition (or even a national one with advanced rules), so I hope you guys can help me out.

I'm finally returning to Football Manager after a long hiatus. Football Manager 2015 started crashing at some point in the first season for me and my friend after I made 200+ hours of database changes (certain changes make the game much more interesting and enjoyable for me, and I wouldn't play without them), and it broke my heart, since I love this game. Now, I finally feel confident in being able to start a game again without it eventually crashing, and therefore I want make sure I add everything correctly.

Great Britain Cup.fmf

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so after I found a FMF-file that actually had the European compeition, adding the two cups I wanted seemed like a small matter. I added them, and everything loaded fine.

However, then I discovered a major problem: The next stage of the competitions never start.

Before I lose my mind, can someone tell me what I am missing? FMF-file for the cups attached.

UEFA Revival 13 - Great Britain Cup & Royal League.fmf

Ah, a bit more sleep today, and solving it seemed easy. In the "Teams" I had accidentally put "Main Stage Name" to the last round of the previous stage, rather than the first one of the next stage. I'll do a few test seasons to make sure everything works as intended, but in this test season Great Britain Cup worked just fine. So, now I'll see whether Royal League works next season (it not in the first season, since it starts before the normal game start).

Main Stage Name.png

The less sleepy me also figured out that I could just run the test game with one league rather than loading all my 500 divisions (which I originally did since I wanted to make sure everything worked together without crashing, but that was assuming my cups worked). That means that I can test ruled changed within one day instead of having to waiting for a week of being on holiday in the game.

Since I finally got the leagues working last I posted and have now run several test games on them, I thought I ought to share them. The update I used to create these competitions on top was UEFA Revival. It has the old setup with Champions League, UEFA Cup and Intertoto Cup - somewhat cooler than the current one. We aware that I did change one important thing for the European competitions: Registration was buggy (known bug in the game when using the editor), so I decided to scrap the need for player registration for these tournaments altogether.

So, attached is a file with both my new cups and then a file with each cup respectively. I've also attached the description of the setup in the UEFA Revival 13 file.

Uefa Revival 13 file guide.txt

UEFA Revivial 13 - Great Britain Cup & Royal League.fmf UEFA Revival 13 - Great Britain Cup.fmf UEFA Revival 13 - Royal League.fmf

Archived