How to keep teams from sending players on holiday

Uncle_Sam

So in my file I have divisions set up with multiple stand-alone regional competitions. They teams qualify for the national championship playoffs through their regional competition, however, I have this issue where some (not all) clubs send their players on holiday after the regional competition. This means that when the national championship competition begins, some of the clubs' players are not available. Does anyone know how this can be prevented? What about a competition's rules dictates that they send their players on holiday? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with fixture rules.

I don't see anything anywhere that specifically mentions Holiday. If someone knows where that is, I'd love to hear it.

Here are my ideas to try (let me know if you know that any of these will or won't work):

1. LAST FIXTURE DATE - This is on the main competition page. I'm going to set a fixture date with the ID "end" and make it after the competition championship game.

2. LAST DAY OF SEASON STAGE INDEX - I'm setting this to "-1". I know this is a longshot, but my hope is that the competition doesn't look to the end season with the last stage, but obviously I'm grasping at straws here.

3. No, PROCESS FINISHED LEAGUE INTO RECORDS under STAGE FINISH ACTIONS - again, just hoping it doesn't force the end of the competition after the final stage is completed.

4 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I don't see anything anywhere that specifically mentions Holiday. If someone knows where that is, I'd love to hear it.

Here are my ideas to try (let me know if you know that any of these will or won't work):

1. LAST FIXTURE DATE - This is on the main competition page. I'm going to set a fixture date with the ID "end" and make it after the competition championship game.

2. LAST DAY OF SEASON STAGE INDEX - I'm setting this to "-1". I know this is a longshot, but my hope is that the competition doesn't look to the end season with the last stage, but obviously I'm grasping at straws here.

3. No, PROCESS FINISHED LEAGUE INTO RECORDS under STAGE FINISH ACTIONS - again, just hoping it doesn't force the end of the competition after the final stage is completed.

So none of these worked, apparently. I'm going to try creating a hidden stage that doesn't schedule any matches that goes past the date that I need it to.

Well, I found a solution that would have worked if not for some annoying hard-coding with the USA. Instead of a Parent Competition with 7 Child Competitions, I created a single competition with different stages for each of the child competitions, and then a stage for the championship round. Sadly, the Academy teams in the USA will only generate a youth intake if each USSDA division is separate.

Archived