Overconfidence

I’m on a great run of form, and my players appear to be overconfident as suggested in the warm-up before the game. Is this good or bad? If bad, how can I fix it as on touch you can’t interact with the players.

5DFA088B-BE5E-4C1A-B695-A04170093118.png

• SI Staff

Hi @Arsenal457, unfortunately sometimes your squad will consist of players with a range of different amounts of professionalism. A way to potentially resolve this in the future is by organising mentoring groups with the intention of raising players you perceive to have low professionalism with those within your squad who perhaps have higher professionalism.

This would then been reflected in their attitude to games within a good run of form, with them hopefully taking it more seriously.

• SI Staff

Improvements to FMT is something we're continually looking at, but we're keen for the game to remain unique and different to the full FM in terms of simplicity. That's not to say we won't ever put additional interactions in though, but it would never be as comprehensive as full FM.

There's already some interactions that occur. Players will sometimes come to you to ask for an improved contract, or that they want more playing time and you can speak to them, and before big games you can sometimes have team meetings.

But very rarely have team meetings. The assistant manager never brings it up for me. I’ve had it once while on a bad run of form, but that was after winning for a while. He only suggests a meeting after a drop in form, not if you’ve been bad all season. I also can’t access the full FM as I don’t have a computer, only an IPad.

Archived