Where is the database located?

Im a young software developer who was thinking about making a football manager desktop application for personal use. 

For this I need the database, preferably in SQL or similar. Although, I'm having a bit of hassle: Where is the database for the game located on my hard drive? 

Thanks! 

13 hours ago, warlock said:

I don't know whether to laugh out loud or bounce my head off my desk.

Nice reply :). To be honest I don't really get it. Is it the SQL-part you don't agree with or the fact that I'm looking for the database? Please elaborate, I'm very curious. 

Is this your humble way of saying that the database is not available?

Forget about the format, that doesn't matter at all. 

1 hour ago, TokeJ said:

Please elaborate, I'm very curious. 

The database is SI's pride and joy, the crown jewels, the heart and soul of FM. God knows how many man-hours are invested in there - multiple millions, I shouldn't wonder. One of the reasons that FM has no competition is that no-one has ever come close to reproducing the database. Is it reasonable to assume they'll hand it over to anyone who asks?

Of course, if you own the game you already have access to all of the data; you just need to enter it manually into your own database. Might take a while...

45 minutes ago, warlock said:

The database is SI's pride and joy, the crown jewels, the heart and soul of FM. God knows how many man-hours are invested in there - multiple millions, I shouldn't wonder. One of the reasons that FM has no competition is that no-one has ever come close to reproducing the database. Is it reasonable to assume they'll hand it over to anyone who asks?

Of course, if you own the game you already have access to all of the data; you just need to enter it manually into your own database. Might take a while...

Luckily for me, you don't have any idea what you are talking about! 

For your information,fm genie scout lets you export af csv-file of whatever you want.

Thanks for nothing, sir, I hope Manchester suffers a nasty defeat tomorrow!

Archived