Names Translation

Catalyst

Hello guys,

I have this particular, strange problem. I've added a new player to the game. It's a greek player and his surname is not one of the defaults list of surnames which FM is auto translate when you're changing the game language. So when I change the game's language the player's name is not translated at all. It stays with latin letters.

Which file of FM is managing the auto-translate of names when you're changing from one language to another and is there a way to edit this file so I can add a new field for this new surname?

Thank you in advance!

George

6 hours ago, Catalyst said:

Hello guys,

I have this particular, strange problem. I've added a new player to the game. It's a greek player and his surname is not one of the defaults list of surnames which FM is auto translate when you're changing the game language. So when I change the game's language the player's name is not translated at all. It stays with latin letters.

Which file of FM is managing the auto-translate of names when you're changing from one language to another and is there a way to edit this file so I can add a new field for this new surname?

Thank you in advance!

George

I don't have FM19 but in 18 there were two files related to this. I don't know if they do all you need but it's a start. My catalogue was as seen below:

image.thumb.png.eb8ecfb6389f9bd6c57125ba65650648.png

4 hours ago, Catalyst said:

This is the first place I checked but I wasn't able to find something useful.

Which language are you using in the editor`? I think entries have one name in each language. 

See for example city 1300358. If you use English it's Turku. When I switch to Swedish it becomes Åbo without any recorded changes. I think that's what you should investigate.

I figured out that there is a file responsible for these translations because of this.

As you can see the game detect and translate the known names and surnames while it's keeping the unknown ones with latin characters. You cannot edit the "Translated First/Second/Common" fields, they generate automatically.

Archived