[FM15] Ur Gourdoner Melldroad

nie jem frytek

On 17/03/2019 at 18:17, Hootieleece said:

Is there anything else you can do to improve the quality of your team?

Well, I can't expect my entire team to progress much, because most of them already progressed like crazy. :)

I can only hope that Guingamp, Lorient, Brest, etc. will train players good enough for us to poach. Signing players from Nantes and Rennes is harder, we have more chance with their rejects who sometimes turn out surprisingly good.

Unless my scouting team is wrong, we already have 2 of the best goalkeepers available, with only other good enough playing for Rennes.

Right backs, we have 2 of the best, other 2 play for Rennes and Nantes.

Left backs, we have 3 the best already...

Centre backs, there is one guy playing for Marseille who thinks we don't have enough money to pay for his salary... then 2 old real players.

Centre midfielders, one guy playing for Tottenham who's worth more than our entire team (and he's not even that good) and 2 old real players. Yacine El Amrani playing at Brest could be a decent option, but I'm not sure about him and he wants a big salary. Oh, and there was very young prospect at Rennes that I almost signed (in the end he preffered to stay at Rennes), but I see he has signed for PSG already...

Right midfielders, we already have the best ones... I mean, we let Sebastien Lacazette leave for free and he's the best of the rest... I guess that centre mid from Tottenham can play here too.

Left midfielders, there is one playing for Crystal Palace I might actually try to sign, another one playing for Rennes.

Strikers, obviously there is Benjamin Lepretre, who's not coming back, there is also star player for Lyon (played for Juventus and PSG in the past) and great prospect also at Lyon. So we have no chance of signing them, and there is one guy at Metz, they wanted €28m for him few months ago, but now are more happy to negiotate lower price, the problem is he might not be good enough to make it worthy to replace Bailly (they used to play together at Brest).

Seems you might have hit a ceiling in attracting players at the club. Is it worth it now maybe poaching regens just after intake and put them in your club to see how they develop, or are your facilities not good enough that its better for them to stay at rest of clubs to reach max potential?

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Ligue 1 - Mid-Season 2026/27 Update

After failed qualifications to Champions League we had to endure our first ever Europa League campaign, how well we coped with playing two games a week?

League Table - So far, so good. We might not get that Top 3 finish again, because Lyon is in much better form this season, but we can't complain. New PSG manager, Pep Guardiola seems to be doing worse than his predecessor Rafa Benitez.

Fixtures - Heavy loss to Schalke, very entertaining game against PSG, Bailly in much better form than in previous season, Privitera in abysmal form, Meunier being in so good form that he will actually leave at the end of the season... and we're through Europa League Group Stages!

PyQMOCT.png

Transfers - Renault is putting more and more pressure on Gwendal Le Gal while Voisin looks a decent prospect too. No idea why Nantes decided to let them leave on a free and even worse, never gave any serious chance to impress. We tried to sign Le Bars for some time already, he's fighting for the spot in central defence and is capable backup in midfield, Le Roy and Le Garrec were immediately loaned back to their teams, hopefully gamble on Le Garrec will pay off, I hope he can replace soon to be 35 years old Pele in first eleven. About Drogba... well, he looked way above the league he played and with that name I decided to take a punt on him, it's not going to well, but he was a freebie, so we can complain much. On the leaving front - some fringe players left for free, some retired and a lot of loans.

32 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Seems you might have hit a ceiling in attracting players at the club. Is it worth it now maybe poaching regens just after intake and put them in your club to see how they develop, or are your facilities not good enough that its better for them to stay at rest of clubs to reach max potential?

We have average training facilities, but Lorient's or Brest's aren't better. Still, I prefer to let them develop a bit in their parent clubs. Signing newgens just after the intakes was never my thing.

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Ligue 1 - Season 2026/27 Review

A lot has happened in the second part of 2026/27 season. You've already seen our lost Europa League Final and heard about the same fate in Coupe de France Final. But even those two events weren't the most interesting ones...

League Table - Yep, we won the title. And Guardiola got sacked. But how, you ask?

Fixtures - By going on some crazy winning run. C R A Z Y winning run. We lost heavily to PSG again, but other than that we won almost every game. Title was secured with home draw versus Lille while PSG lost to fellow Breton side - Rennes! It allowed us to rest first team (or whatever was left of it, as we had a fair share of injuries this season with the likes of Pele, Renault, Meunier, Sainrimat, Cesbron all having lengthy spells on the sidelines) in game against Troyes in preparation for not one, but two cup finals! We were the better team in both finals. We lost both of them in penalty shootouts... Well, not long time ago no one would believe we could even make any of those finals, so we can't complain too much, I guess.

Transfers - Now... there's some explanation needed for sure. How we managed to buy a wonderkid for 59 million (sic!) €uros in January? You guys remember Benjamin Lepretre? When we sold him to Cagliari we put that sneaky clause in the contract which meant that 50% of his next transfer fee will go to us. So, Valencia (best team in Spain btw) bought him for 60 million €uros and with some clever clauses we managed to land Hugo Leroy who was underplayed by Lyon and at age of 19 is already one of the best players in the world. He was worth every cent. Bad news in Matheo Meunier leaving for Zenit, but he was pretty adamant about it. Weird guy.

Squad - There was some heavy rotation in play this season. Both to injuries and incredible amount of games to play. Nicolas Bailly was absolutely incredible (and I wasn't sure about signing him 3 years ago), great season from Cesbron, Meunier, Delpierre (his 5th season on loan from Alkmaar :lol:). Hugo Leroy is absolute star in the making. On the other end, bad season from Privitera and no signs of progress from Lebas and Sergent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Managerial Record - It took 474 games from 6th tier to Ligue 1 title.

Career Overview - Other Breton sides had great season... I mean, Rennes beat PSG in penultimate set of fixtures! :D And Brest had their best season of the save. :) Let's not talk about other teams.

Archived