Player Rating

TheBigBoss

What do you deem a good player rating we see it on here when describing a role they must have good work rate etc but what number do you deem good ? My rule of thumb is usually over 15 but if you're a lower prem side is that practical to be judging players on 15+ ratings ? 

• 2 weeks later...

^ LOL at the blatant self promoting linked blog post in a topic only remotely linked to that topic in the first place. 

On topic: I tend to look for distinct profiles based on the position and role the players will play in my team. I have learnt that just high ratings for attributes in itself can be somewhat overrated, and you should most definitely pay attention to well rounded players with no glaring attribute omissions.

I personally like especially well rounded players in wide positions, most notably the left and right back. I don't like players with comparatively 'low' ratings in aspects that matter for that position. I'm totally ok with just 'passable' ratings (which in my Ajax save game is around 11-15), as long as they have no glaring bad sides. They should both defend and attack, so I want ratings that reflect that mentality. I added a screenshot of my right back Noussair Mazraoui at the start of the 3rd season, at which point I sold him for 90M to PSG. He's my picture perfect (wing) back and half a season in I actually regret having sold him!

My central defenders should have good defensive stats (ideally 16+) but need at least passable offensive stats (11-15's for passing, first touch etc.). Central (attacking) midfielders need good to excellent passing stats (17+ for passing, vision etc.). I like offensive wide players with good technique, off the ball and first touch, work rate and team work, as I like to play high pressing tactics. Just as I like my backs well rounded, I also like my strikers well rounded. I like a clinical striker also able to support the team with more than just goals, although these strikers are somewhat hard to find.

Hope this helps!

Noussair Mazraoui_ Overview Attributes-2.png

Archived