interpreting the new words

So SI like to integrate new exciting names such as "Tiki-Taka" and "Gegenpress" into the game... but the player and team instructions are all the same they've been last  +15 years right? There's no "new" instruction added into this version?

Please tell me if I've interpreted these team instructions correctly:

Overlap = fullbacks now on cross from byline duty?

Underlap = wingers cross ball rarely? 

It says for both underlap/overlap that it instructs the wingers to "hold onto ball". However, that personal player instruction have been removed. Are we to assume that the "hold onto ball" player instruction only works by ticking "overlap" or "underlap" in team instructions?

Work ball into box = cross ball rarely from wingers? from fullbacks too?

Counter-press = pressing intensity up one notch? I see no difference in the personal player instruction for pressing intensity when I tick "counter-press" in the team instructions. This is the opposite of how game used to work - if you selected one instruction in team mentality that affected the personal player instructions, then you would see in the personal player instructions that there had been a change.

Regroup = close down rarely? Same concern as counter-press with this instruction.

Hold shape = forward runs mixed?

Pressing intensity = close down never/rarely/mixed/often/always? This is the only team instruction for FM19 that I'm wondering if is an entirely new instruction. Because you also have the option to tick "counter-press" and "regroup" under "in transition" on the team instructions. So that means that either my interpretation of counter-press and regroup above is wrong, or these are all basically the same instruction, ie. it's the good ol' "close down" instruction under a new face of paint.  The "pressing intensity box" is the one I'm wondering the most about, so please someone from SI explain this to me and how it differs from just using the counter-press and regroup boxes.

Prevent short GK distribution = close down on opposition GK set as "always"? I'm not sure if it also sets your forward players to man-mark their defensive line - please someone confirm this. Because I'm not having much success with ticking this "prevent short GK distribution" box as the AI goalkeeper usually finds a way to roll the ball out.

Play for set pieces = hold onto ball? Seriously, the description in the game only says that it will "encourage every player to win corners, freekicks, and throw-ins". But by what means will they attempt to do this with such an instruction? Will they run wide with ball? Or will the focus of play be down both wings? This could mean anything and I wish SI would clarify so that I can make a judgement as to wether or not my players have the required skill to pull it off. 

Line of engagement = changes the "pressing intensity" player instructions for every player except the GK and the backline? Or is this a brand new instruction that have nothing to do with "pressing intensity"?

Like I said, I think I would be alot less confused if the changes I make in team instructions are reflected into the player instructions like they used to. If I tick "gegenpress" in the team instructions then I want to know exactly how much "pressing intensity" my players are now on, so that I can make the judgement if this is a good idea based on their stamina.

Archived