Very Few Players in AI Squads

I have played one save so far, in San Marino, which was obviously an edited database as their league is not available to play otherwise. I gave four teams some top players but left the rest alone. I realised that every club in San Marino only had a few players in their first team squads. I played for a season then got bored as I had made it too easy to progress the national team.

So I decided I wanted to do a save in England with the lower leagues. I have edited and created a database going down to level 19 (teams, etc, aren't correct, and I have made it so from level 9 onwards there is only one division per level to save on disk space/memory/ whatever the technical term is!).

Anyway, the point is, upon loading the game I can see the AI have only put a few players in their first team squads again, but have loads of players in U23s and U19s, including several players too old for the U23s squads.

Please note, I HAVE ticked the box to add players to playable teams. All the lower league clubs have no players in the database, so all are created by the game. 

The problem here, of course is, it gives me a massive advantage as the AI are playing players good enough for their first eleven in their U23s as well. And I like a challenge.

Please look into this and sort it out SI. I can't be the only one playing with edited databases in lower leagues or obscure nations who this affects.

6 minutes ago, KUBI said:

The important part is if the AI do select that players in the U23 for the first team or not. Did you look at the match stats? 

Perhaps it was just because of the ages. It was definitely a problem on the San Marino save as all their players were constantly tired. But there have been a couple of patches since then. And like I say, once I have advanced until the new season on this new save, the issue seems to be resolved, the AI has all their best players in the first team squad.

Archived