Add Subfolders in Font Folder

OlukitzFudgey

Will the game read customized fonts if directed to another subfolder within the fonts folder?

For example: Football Manager 2019/skins/Draconis/fonts/olukitzfudgey/player attributes panel

The olukitzfudgey subfolder plays the role of the main custom folder

The player attributes panel subfolder plays the role of assigning appropriate names to elements changed within game. It provides better organization and makes it easier to find and change things later.

If it is possible then can you please give me an example of how it should look?

Possibly if your folders are skins > Draconis > fonts > olukitzfudgey > player attributes panel and then a font file or an xml file for font settings then in the various xml files that you use to call the font you'd do something like:

font="olukitzfudgey/player attributes panel/<font_name>"

Or

font="fonts/olukitzfudgey/player attributes panel/<font_name>"

As the game generally adds the fonts bit to the front.

You might also need to include the config file from the main fonts folder to ensure the files get refreshed when reloading, if that doesn't work then try just the one sub-folder.

Aye. I tried that. It didn't work. Its seems as if though the game only recognizes changes to fonts if it is directly linked to the main font folder. When adding sub folders to the path the game no longer recognizes any changes however when linking directly to the main font folder it works. Perhaps this should be a feature for future versions. 

I do direct all my font styling to a separate XML file as I don't like clogging up the main file that I am modifying. 

It is very possible that I may have made a mistake somewhere. I haven't slept in 72 hours. 

Archived