Merging edited files

flipward

Its offen been said that merging custom edits is not a good idea as it can mess with the game but is it black and white or are there grey areas to this subject???

What can be merged? (if any)

Continental club competition edit merged with a Scottish league edit?

A spanish league edit merged with an english league edit?

An english league edit with a Brazilian league edit?

World cup edit with a continental club competition?

Wholesale football player edit with an existing league edit?

Stadium design edit with a football  player edit?

Stadium design edit with an existing league edit?

How far can the merging feature be taken before the game encounters problems??

Would anyone know what the game designers were intending this merging feature to be used for??

you can merge almost everything if there is no clash data( same changes for something or some changes that could cause issues because order of changes is not ok )  in your files. BTW i dont like to use merge option -its easier to join 2 files manualy with xml editing - i want to have control when i merge files and i never had any issues with this method.

20 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

you can merge almost everything if there is no clash data( same changes for something or some changes that could cause issues because order of changes is not ok )  in your files. BTW i dont like to use merge option -its easier to join 2 files manualy with xml editing - i want to have control when i merge files and i never had any issues with this method.

Awesome thank you. The xml editing tool has been discussed a fair bit on here so i think maybe i should learn about it. I will try and get my head around it and learn. 

Thank you.

22 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Would you be able to suggest any good online tutorials whether it be on youtube or otherwise help me learn about xml?

Archived