Manager reputation

I have always felt the manager reputation system in FMM to be a bit iffy so I decided to test this out in FMM 2018 by resigning from my job as manager of Minnesota and waiting to see what calibre of club would come in for me. Turns out that no one wanted me!

At Minnesota I won the following trophies:

- 2 x North American Champions League

- 2 x MLS Cup

- 1 x MLS Supporters Shield

- 1 x US Cup

I should also add that this success has amounted to me having a 'Regional' reputation and a Gold coaching badge.

Now I realise this success has come from the MLS, which compared to the stronger European leagues, is not considered to be of equal footing. But I do feel that this amount of success would in reality, present me with a number of job offers.

I didn't receive one job offer.

So I applied for every job going over a seven month period to see who would eventually give me a chance. The best offer I received from England was a League 2 club. No clubs from League 1 or the Championship were interested. The two other playable nations I had were Italy and Spain and no club from their second tiers offered me a job.

Here's the most peculiar thing. Not one MLS club offered me a job despite my fantastic success in that league. I find that to be highly unrealistic.

I think having a 'Regional' reputation has held me back so the question is, having won all those trophies, is a Regional reputation fair? If a manager over in the MLS won that many trophies, would it not be conceivable that a League 1, Championship, or Serie B side take a punt on him? At the very least, wouldn't another MLS team offer that manager a job?

Archived