Most greedy players

I did a little search and couldn't find anything like this so I thought maybe it could be fun to see what the rest of you have come across.

As the title says i'm wondering who are the most greedy players you've come across, mostly i'm thinking about over the top players who are in decline or close to end of their career but still ask for a pretty high wage if you try to sign them.

I can give an example just to make it more clear what i'm asking but since I've barely had time to play FM18 most of my examples will be from FM17.

I was trying a save where I started at a national team, I picked Denmark cause I knew they have a few good players and I figured it could be fun new challenge for me, after finishing among the last 8 in the knockout stages and losing to Italy 3-2 in overtime I was offered a chance to take over Arsenal (Wenger had retired and I don't know why they picked me) so I signed for them.

I did a quick little look at players who's contracts were expiring/expired and I noticed Adebayor was a free agent, I thought for laughs let's see if he would wanna come back to Arsenal, at this point he was 35 and his best stats were Finishing and Off The Ball which were at 16, don't remember the rest of the stats, but anyway he was far from being a solid EPL striker, but when I went to discuss signing him he asked for £62.000 p/w with a lot of bonuses and a signing bonus of over a million with his agent asking for more.

I figured no way am I paying that and thought maybe it's just him so I tried to approach Berbatov who's contract was expiring but was older then Adebayor and playing in the French 2nd division earning 3k a week, but also he wanted high wages, he wanted to go from 3k p/w to 66k p/w and then there was the bonuses, the sign on fee and agent fee weren't as bad as Adebayor but still pretty high for a guy close to his 40's.

Those are the examples that come to mind right now, hopefully someone else has examples of players who are over the top or at the end of their career who still ask for high wages.

I seem to recall that's been an issue for years, and not just for old players. You have a higher reputation team, so their demands are huge for their ability. Give it a week or two and they'll sign for a lower league team on less money - or if they get really stuck as free agents their demands will come down by December.
In some ways I suppose that's accurate, but to be fair, I've noticed players often sign for AI teams on less money, often with the same contract and regardless of reputation, playing time offered etc - but people always deny the AI has any advantage.

24 minutes ago, Lem said:

I seem to recall that's been an issue for years, and not just for old players. You have a higher reputation team, so their demands are huge for their ability. Give it a week or two and they'll sign for a lower league team on less money - or if they get really stuck as free agents their demands will come down by December.
In some ways I suppose that's accurate, but to be fair, I've noticed players often sign for AI teams on less money, often with the same contract and regardless of reputation, playing time offered etc - but people always deny the AI has any advantage.

Yeah I've noticed that as well,  saw there were a couple of threads about that here so I didn't wanna get into that, I just thought maybe it would be fun what kind of players others have come across that demand a ridiculous wage based on their current ability.

So far I've had Lucio and Armand Traore ask for 40k a month. Traore is only rated as league 2 quality, Lucio league one, but is 39 and couldn't find a club. Traore is already on a big contract though it's way above his ability. Lucio was a curious one, by Decemeber the demands were 5k a month.
A few others of league 2 ability ask for that kind of money as well. :/

Archived