FM18 Experiment - The Big 6 Switcheroo

So I will finally undergo an experiment here using the editor and running FM18.

What will be done prior to running the game:

Essentially I will take the leagues of England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Portugal and swap teams from the top leagues down to the bottom. (No extra Tiers added, just those that come with the original game.) Teams from bottom of the tiers will be places at the top and so on. All finances, staff, reputation etc. will still be the same.

The aim of the experiment: 

I will track a lot of progress, including: how will the poor teams cope with  their new fame at the top of the tiers. Who will manage to stay, and who will drop. For the famous teams who will climb the fastest back to their original place. I will also check the UEFA nations club coefficient for these 6 countries, how will they manage when the low rep teams compete in Champions/Europa League. I will also check what clubs change their reputation over time and how fast. What with the stadiums, who will upgrade and get a bigger following. With these 6 nations drastically changed, what teams will win CL and EL. Will this have any effect on the International side of these nations. What will happend to World Footballer of the Year and FIFA Ballon d'Or. Will some players leave their famous clubs to play in higher rep divisions, will someone loose their place in the International team. What kind of transfer figures will we see.

There might be more things I will look into also, and take request maybe if its not too heavy.

Time frame: 

This has been done only for England before (link), and it ran for some 7 seasons. I plan to run it for at least 15 seasons, or as long as I have motivation for it. The database was made yesterday, and as I speak the game runs on holiday for season after season while I am away. I save the game once a season with a new savegame name to be able to go back to each season. I plan to write an update maybe once a week in real life time, with the first update probably on Friday this week.

Archived