Sheffield - Blades vs Owls network save

mrdanbartlett

Hi all,

Going to post this up as I just found the document I made on it, this was a network save a friend and I did back in Fm14, it was the best save I've ever done.

I later documented into via a word doc, so it's not perfect but might make a fun read for some of you, some of the players in it are interesting :)   (Kane and Martial who never really made it etc).

The finances are a little amusing as remember this was back when £10m was BIG money for a player, £40m was pretty much unheard of etc. 

It's 27mb so a little hefty but that's just due to the screenshots at the end.

Anyway hopefully it might interest some of you.  

Sheffield

Great read!

My deepest sympathies go to the Sheffield Wednesday manager. My mate would never have let me hear the end of it.

I still get stick for blowing a 4 point lead with 2 games to go at the top of the Championship years ago. He went up, I lost in playoffs. He won FA cup next season I got sacked...fun times.

Ah glad someone had a read :)

Who were you and your mate managing? 

I think the crazy hours I put into scouting really paid off, and frankly I got lucky with that first Europa Cup win (easy run of games etc), that really seemed to boost my sponsorship/rep.  I had massive cash reserves, 300m+ which I spent on a new stadium, not sure if I played any games there as we quit the save around the time it was complete.

Wish we had the time to do this type of save again, was just amazing fun. 

I hear you! Time is just a factor now. 

It was all very impressive, showed patience and ambition! You just seemed to always be a season or two ahead of your mate in terms of finances which meant I bet you got pick of the players if you were both going for him.

There were 3 of us. All in Championship. I was Birmingham and my mates were West Brom and Norwich. 

I was leading all the way through the season and was 4 points clear of 3rd with 2 games to go with West Brom 2nd and Norwich 4th. I lost last two games of season to drop to 3rd and my mate won the league. 

I lost against Stoke on penalties in the Semi Final and Norwich lost on penalties in the Play Off Final.

Next season I went for broke and got fired, ended up at Mansfield Town struggling for survival in League Two! West Brom won the FA Cup and he ended up at Arsenal. Norwich failed in the Playoff final again.

We got halfway through the next season before the save fizzled out.

We have tried to get one going this season with Chelsea and Man Utd but we have literally gotten to January. Job, wife, kids...all mortal enemies of Football Manager!

I think I was just screwed in signing proven players to begin with to get to the PL, then going for young talent with resale value (hence the 3 yers of transfer profits).  He was going for more established players, I was buying young, I had plenty of players who I'd just bought cheap, loaned out for 3 years then sold for huge sums, they'd never even kicked a ball in a Utd shirt!

THREE! AMAZING!  I guess those are clubs who were certainly at a similar level, shame as arguably Birmingham probably have the most potential due to the city size/fanbase.  

Gosh that last few games must have been dramatic (and full of banter).  

Yep network saves are impossible unless you have alot of spare time/no family to look after etc. Maybe when I retire haha!  #fm2045

Archived