Help Please- Edited Kits (losing pics)...removing/overwriting edited kits?

seagull84

Hi all, any help greatly appreciated...

I used the edit kits function in the saved game editor drop down and played for a while with my edited kits before I found downloads for the specific new season kits pics and the 3d counterpart.

Problem is now I have the pics and 3d kit file they don't overwrite the edited kits I made in the in game editor (I have toggled the "allow licensed kits" tick and it makes no difference). So I now have up to date kit pics and 3d kits for all teams other than the one I manage! Really annoying . 

Anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Thanks,

- Make sure the downloaded pack included a config file with it and that it matches the files you downloaded.

- Try turning off the skin cache and reloading your skin.

- Try editing the kits again in the editor and tick the allowed kits box and then save, to see if it refreshes the status of the kits (might also need to do step 2 again).

- I don't use the editor so not sure how it is laid out but make sure you aren't editing/creating a comp specific version of the kit as they cannot have images assigned to them.

Hi Michael, thanks for the response

1. definitely fine as the I get the kits working if I start a new game (its only my save where I edited on the in SI in game editor that won't show them)

2. Done that, no joy

3. Again, done it loads of times.

4. There are no specific comps assigned to the kit I made - I will try to make it comp specific though and put it for a comp that I'm not it to see if that forces through the kits I want

For the reference of anyone else having this problem I've fixed this (completely randomly)

Basically I cleared all the lines (shirt, icon ,text etc...) then the kits turned to a plain black shirt..... I then just pressed "add" , about 8 times, this made 8 lines for shirts and magically brought back the pictures of my kits when I ticked the "allow licensed kits" options

From then, I've been able to change the text and icon by just editing two of the shirt lines and it has (touch wood) all remained...kit pics in place and the 3d kits have reverted to what I downloaded.

Its madness, but I've published the method I've used!

Archived