Multiple PCs with Custom Database

I have an FM17 save where I edited the database to remove Brexit. I play the game on a desktop, but I'd also like to play it on my laptop. What do I need to do so that the game runs properly on both computers? Copy extra files? Edit the database on the laptop? I don't want to use the Steam Cloud.

(assuming you have installed FM17 to your laptop)

The one thing that is 100% necessary to copy to your laptop in order to continue your career, is the savegame. It's located here:   C:\Users\User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\games
But, in case you have other files you want to use, like custom skins, etc., just copy the entire "Football Manager 2017" folder to your laptop, you'll be fine.
Then, simply open fm.exe as usual and "Load Game".

You might have to play in offline mode if it's from the same account, not 100% sure.

EDIT: If you have done any "editing" in this location   C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\db   you have to do it again on your laptop.
If you don't know what I mean by "editing", just forget I said it, only do the previous steps.

On 8/18/2017 at 00:48, ilkork said:

(assuming you have installed FM17 to your laptop)

The one thing that is 100% necessary to copy to your laptop in order to continue your career, is the savegame. It's located here:   C:\Users\User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\games
But, in case you have other files you want to use, like custom skins, etc., just copy the entire "Football Manager 2017" folder to your laptop, you'll be fine.
Then, simply open fm.exe as usual and "Load Game".

You might have to play in offline mode if it's from the same account, not 100% sure.

EDIT: If you have done any "editing" in this location   C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\db   you have to do it again on your laptop.
If you don't know what I mean by "editing", just forget I said it, only do the previous steps.

I guess I'm still a little confused about this. I didn't do any specific editing in that location, but I did use the editor to set up a "No Brexit" game by editing the database. The file that seems to make those changes is an FMF file found in My Documents/.../.../editor data. When I go to start a new game, there is an option I can tick to select or deselect those changes. It is considered a "custom database" according to the game and tells me that I have to load the database before I could select a new team.

Is that editing I've done included in my save file? Do I need to bring the FMF file to the laptop to play properly? I don't want to find out well down the line that I messed something up and have to revert back. I'm not interested in copying everything in the My Documents folder as I have several GBs of facepack files and the like. Come to think of it, I did add a real name fix in the game files, so maybe that's what you're referring to?

17 minutes ago, Cuenca Guy said:

Is that editing I've done included in my save file?

Yes, it will be included in your savegame.

19 minutes ago, Cuenca Guy said:

Do I need to bring the FMF file to the laptop to play properly?

Only if you plan to start a new game.

19 minutes ago, Cuenca Guy said:

I don't want to find out well down the line that I messed something up and have to revert back. I'm not interested in copying everything in the My Documents folder as I have several GBs of facepack files and the like.

If you want them in your laptop, you have to copy them as well.

20 minutes ago, Cuenca Guy said:

Come to think of it, I did add a real name fix in the game files, so maybe that's what you're referring to?

We are not allowed to talk about stuff like that here, I will send you a pm.

Archived