Ive reached Football Manager Nirvana

Ive been buying FM games  since 2010 but I could never get "into it" them. I would get enjoyment out of playing preseasons with a big name name and seeing my players blow past the oppositions but id never actually complete a season.

Having only had FIFA experience, i never really knew how football tactics worked. I would pick the most generic formsation and set all my strikers to "dribble more" "shoot more" and get annoyed as to why my crap isnt working.

Today, having continued to stick with FM, after countless guides  and FM videos I finally figured out how tactics work now and how to set up my players. Instead of placing players into positions for the sake of filling spots I ensure I understand what each player's job is. I understand how to set up opposition instructions as well and how to contain them in specifc parts of the pitch.

I'm still no expert but I'm really proud of the level I managed to reach for myself and how much I've learned about Football in the past 7 years. I now consider FM one of my favorite games to play, over FIFA as well. 

Thanks for making an awesome game series SI!!!

The game indeed shines like a diamond in some areas. I think especially player injuries is very well balanced and shows injury time like for real. It´s really tough to succeed as well and you really need to put in some hard work in tactics, team management and transfers to get somewhere. Some bugs yes, i do hope they adress the most serious ones for the next FM release and keep what isnt broken as it is.

Archived