Team indices for next stage - Champions playoff

samba23

I have created an USA college league but am having some problems getting the champions playoff working as intended.

The league is split into 4 groups (A, B, C & D) of 12 teams with the top 5 from each group qualifying for the champions playoff. I want to have it so that each group winner receives a bye to the quarter finals and the remaining 16 teams play two earlier rounds. I have included an image of how this looks in tree format.

Currently the four teams receiving byes are chosen by league points rather than position (so two teams from the same group can receive a bye). How can I change this to the group winners?

I also want to have it so that each separate four team bracket in the first round come from separate groups and that a 2nd placed group team plays a 5th placed group team and a 3rd placed team plays a 4th placed team. I.e A2vB5 and C3vB4 and so on. Is it possible to do this via the team indices for next stage page on advanced rules?

596bb51401053_FM17NCAAPlayoffTree.thumb.jpg.3aa14188859b2a7f8a45efeeba24b9aa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to do something similar but less complicated. I want to do just a simple 2 groups of 4 where the winner of group a plays the runner up of group b in the semi final. etc. Do you know how to do that on the advanced editor?

Archived