Max wage allowed

At United at the start of the 5th season, been trying to sign Neymar for ages but could never offer him the wages he wanted (could offer max £350k and we wanted £550k) despite having enough wage available in the budget. Thought this may be to do with FFP so fair enough. However, just sold Martial to Real as he forced the move and thought that with his £250k wages off the books I'd finally be able to pay Neymar what he wanted. No dice. Still capped at £350k. There's no board request I can make and it's really frustrating me, I have £250m and £900k in wages but can't afford to bring in Neymar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

18 minutes ago, Rash-forwards said:

At United at the start of the 5th season, been trying to sign Neymar for ages but could never offer him the wages he wanted (could offer max £350k and we wanted £550k) despite having enough wage available in the budget. Thought this may be to do with FFP so fair enough. However, just sold Martial to Real as he forced the move and thought that with his £250k wages off the books I'd finally be able to pay Neymar what he wanted. No dice. Still capped at £350k. There's no board request I can make and it's really frustrating me, I have £250m and £900k in wages but can't afford to bring in Neymar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can usually work around this by increasing his bonuses, at least that's what I've done on previous FM's. Signing on fee, competition and appearance bonuses etc. If you plan on keeping him well into his thirties, you might as well promise him a large percentage of any future fee as it will likely not cost you any meaningful amount of money, this should make him accept a lot lower basic wage.

I had the same issue buying Neymar for Manchester United. He wanted £675k per week!  As suggested previously I maxed the bonuses, but my max wage was £450k.  This still wasn't enough.

I thought I'd try the agent fee (despite being my pet hate...) and upped it from £10M to £25M and lo and behold he signed! Didn't have any issues keeping him at the club either.  Had him from 2019 until he retired at 35. 

cheers for the help, offered him a contract he FINALLY accepted after maxing all the bonuses and additional fees, only for Barca to offer him a new contract which he signed! Going into the new season having lost my top scorer and assister for the last two seasons, without replacing him. Hopefully one of my youth players can step up...

Archived