Signed a new contract- the board set limits of 32k/week wages and 17k transfer budget. Now that I've signed the contract, they've only given me 24k/week. What is going on?

Just ended my first season and the I was slowly getting rid of the massive debt the team were in. I'd let the old wage-heavy player's contracts run out and finances were looking good.

The board offered me a new contract and gave me a 32k/week wage allowance and a 17k transfer budget which was slightly better than what I had last season. About a week after I accepted the new deal, a notification came up saying that the board had set the wage allowance to 24k/week and 0k transfer budget.

I have no idea what is going on, and they're going to be losing money more than ever- I was spending 28k/week and wages at the end of the first season, so now I can't sign any new players at all. The squad is too stretched thanks to the departures and I have no way of bringing in anyone new.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You signed a contract with budgets given to you at that time.

Budgets were then reviewed at the end of the season and new ones set.

It happens at the end of every season, the timing was just unfortunate given you had just signed a new contract.

2 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

You signed a contract with budgets given to you at that time.

Budgets were then reviewed at the end of the season and new ones set.

It happens at the end of every season, the timing was just unfortunate given you had just signed a new contract.

Damn, that sucks, any suggestions of what to do then?

I'm not happy that the board sliced the wage budget by a quarter. We were predicted to be in a relegation fight and I only just missed out on the playoffs. Plus, the team were on their way out of debt.

Now they're just fkin screwed.

10 minutes ago, PVAMU FC said:

I think the Board always throws in that fine print of "We can change the budgets at any point without consulting", or something like that.

Cut all talent and resign :lol:

Tempted to do that, I'm fuming. Save was going decent as well.

Only thing that might save me is I managed to get Man Utd as a parent club for those free loans, but we're still losing a ton of money to wages now

Archived