Some 433 help from a new (old) player

Hey guys, i recently bought FM17 after having not played since the 2006 version.  I have sort of figured out whats going on and have regained an understanding of tactics.

Im playing as Leverkusen 3rd season. First season i created a fairly simple 4411 and took 2nd and made a deep run in both cups.  Second season was kind of meh and that was due to too much tinkering on my part. 

Year 3 was almost a fire sale as alot of my young wonderkids and a few other guys wanted to make a run for it.   I decided on a 433 based on my team. Pretty simple TI - mixed passing/prevent goalkeeper short passing/high line/fairly narrow ( its my understanding this keeps things compact making you more difficult to break down - defense was never my strong point) standard mentality with flexible.  (i might change this to fluid, im still up in the air)

My back four is pretty standard FBs on both sides (one plays wider than the other because of my IF) CBd for both centrebacks.

Now heres where i can use some advice. Midfield 3.  I have bought and kept players who can pretty much play the majority of roles.  My problem is what roles.

Right now i have DM(d) RPM(s) CM(s)

My wingers are IF(s) and W(s) and my striker is CF(s)

Main Wingers are kostic/brandt/Bailey/bellaribi - because of this, i feel two winger is better than an IF.  I think if i do that i wont need a roaming playmaker. (i had one because i felt like he could open things up by moving out side of my IFs to open things up (p.s. is there a swap positions checkmark like back in the day?)

I dont like deep lying playmake as i want my DM getting in and breaking up plays. And getting it to the guys in front of him to create.  

What are some of you guys goto midfield postions for a 433?  

Sorry this is sort of long winded and isnt super detailed with pictures and actual players.  Thanks again for taking the time to read.

Archived