Brexit and Italy

I just took over a team in Italy, and Brexit has to be coming up pretty soon, because I'm getting towards the end of the window.

If I sign players from England because they are currently EU players, will they be grandfathered in to the Italian system, or will I be over my 3-player limit as soon as Brexit happens?

1 minute ago, suncrush said:

I just took over a team in Italy, and Brexit has to be coming up pretty soon, because I'm getting towards the end of the window.

If I sign players from England because they are currently EU players, will they be grandfathered in to the Italian system, or will I be over my 3-player limit as soon as Brexit happens?

brexit can happen any time between 2 and 10 years, so no gaurantee it is coming. or if it is going to happen at all

i would imagine if it does effect your squad limits, it will be the same as english clubs and not have an effect on them until you renew that contract again

4 minutes ago, suncrush said:

Has anyone actually had a game with no Brexit?  Anyway, I'm 8 years in.  It's something I need to plan for.

yeah, people have had it. after 8 years you might be one of em lol.

as i said, any effect will either be mentioned when signing a player as they are for other foreigners. after that you will have the length of the contract before it effects you, so just sign them long enough the can take spanish citizenship so the rules no longer effect them

On 5/29/2017 at 22:25, suncrush said:

Oh boo. I got a soft Brexit (17 foreign players, no work permits). Scotland and Gibraltar independent. 

sounds similar to mine. was hoping for something harder too. but if you are in italy it is irrelevant to your team

the only thing i did notice with the 17 cap, was that i had to sale off a lot of kids from the youth system that just werent going to make it. your players can apply for british citizenship which is helpful, but they wont all do this so safer to only keep players you are definitiely going to give a chance in the first team

Archived