I am playing with Olympiacos in Greece (FM16, 2nd year) and, now that tactic familiarity levels are almost full for my 2 base tactics, I am looking to add a contain tactic.
I am only going to use it in away matches against stronger opponents in the Champions League.
In my first ingame year I had a counter-attack tactic for that purpose, but didn't like it that much and removed it.

I am thinking to use my attacking/control tactic for a total of 60 minutes and at around the 30th minute till half time and 75th minute till end of match use the contain tactic.
All I want is not to concede.

So, I would like some help regarding the setup.
I was thinking of something like this:

Spoiler

Contain_4-4-1-1_DM_Formation.pngContain_4-4-1-1_DM_TIs.png

And with these PIs (Default for the back 4):

Spoiler

Contain_GK_PIs.pngContain_DRL_PIs.pngContain_DC_PIs.pngContain_DM_PIs.pngContain_WBRL_PIs.pngContain_AP_PIs.pngContain_DF_PIs.png

Should I go with fluid and closing down more or structured and closing down less?
Should I change some duties defend/support/attack?

Can you suggest anything?
Are there any guides I could read?
Should I completely forget about this cause somehow it's not going to work?

Excuseme for my English, im from Russia. 

Clear Ball to flanks - dont work instruction, because you a flank midfielders sit dipper very much. On flanks not players for picking ball. 

Wide play? What for? Fullbacks dont forward runnig. You a CWB will be isolation in creative phase to attack. Besides, 2 DM passive in attack and dont supporting CWB. 

Work ball into box - what for? Less a movement in the attack third. Waiting a moment for key passes it makes no sense

ADpl/S - stick to position. The team dont have roaming aroud to him. 

Your english is fine. I am from Greece.

16 minutes ago, Smx said:

Clear Ball to flanks - dont work instruction, because you a flank midfielders sit dipper very much. On flanks not players for picking ball.

If I change the Complete Wing Backs from support to attack?

Wide play? What for? Fullbacks dont forward runnig. You a CWB will be isolation in creative phase to attack. Besides, 2 DM passive in attack and dont supporting CWB.

Wide play because I have 4 Wing Backs? If I change the DM's to Support duty?

Work ball into box - what for? Less a movement in the attack third. Waiting a moment for key passes it makes no sense

Because of this?
contain_info_edited.png
No?

I am only going to use the Contain Tactic for a maximum of 30 minutes in a match.
30'--->45'
75'--->90'

So, not trying to create chances isn't a big problem. Right?

ADpl/S - stick to position. The team dont have roaming aroud to him. 

What do you mean? Add the "Hold Position" instruction?

Spartak, Delije and Olympiacos :thup:

Archived