Waiver exemption calculated incorrectly.

I've long (for several versions ever since the first one) been suspicious of how the game calculates waiver exemptions. It hasn't been until now however, that I've bothered to look into the details and there are definitely something that's not right.

In my current game I have a player that was 21 when signed and 22 when he played his first pro game (AHL) while under a NHL contract. According to the CBA he should be exempt for three seasons or 70 NHL games, whichever comes first. He has just started his third season and has played 58 NHL games and lost his waiver exemption last week (within the last three games played). This is some 15 games too early (or an entire season).

This isn't the first time I've seen strange things but this time I have proof.

Let me know if you need a save.

• 4 months later...

What's his DOB ? Not sure if the game has all the little details of the waivers rule but IRL, If a player turns 22 before December 31 in the entry-draft calendar year preceding the first season of the players entry-level contract, they are considered 22. So maybe that player qualified as a 22 years old even if signed at 21, therefore becoming waiver eligible at 60 games played.

Is it a newgen or a player that is edited in the DB ? There's been so much problems recently with the proper experience for NHL players, rookies eligibility because the recalculation was not working properly etc ... Did the player play pro in Europe ? It's to wonder if it's a game or a DB issue that the waiver exemption is maybe miscalculated

It's an example. This happens every season for a few players. There have even been players that have lost their waiver exemption in their rookie year as 18 year old, something that cannot happen according to the rules (you cannot play 160 games in your first season).

I'm currently in the year of 2037 so it's a newgen but it's happened since the EHM07 at least. It cannot be a database issue since the calculations only start when the player plays his first game in the NHL.

I've been seeing this error many times it just happened to be the case that I had irrefutable evidence instead of only a hunch that something was wrong.

Archived