Help needed - Player faces not working for some players

alexlaz

Hi all,

I have an old sortitoutsi facepack installed which I have had since FM13. As I come across young players in FM who do not have a face, I like to add their faces myself. 

I have recently come across 4 players for whom I am not able to add a face, no matter what I do. Their unique IDs are: 

I add faces regularly and of course know which folder to place the files in, how to clear the cache, reload skin etc. 

No matter what file I try to assign to the above unique IDs, they will not show up in-game. There is no problem with the png files as they work when assigned to other unique IDs. The problem seems to be with the above unique IDs rejecting ANY file I assign to them.

I have now realised that all 4 of these players are German, and all 4 were born in 2000. 

Any ideas on how to get their faces to show up in game?

Without having a copy of the images themselves and/or the config file (hint, hint ;) ), I can only suggest checking that the extension of the files is .png (small-case) rather than .PNG (capitals) as the game does not read them if they are in the latter format. You can do this by right-clicking the image and choosing properties.

I've just tested the last player and he is working fine for me.

Make sure you don't have duplicate entries in the config file for those ids. Also there is a limit to how many entries can be contained within one xml file so if you have been adding players to the same file since 2013 you might have gone above the limit, in this case just add them to a new config file in a different folder.

Archived